Chemists – Organic Materials – Cambs 38944779
This listing has expired
My clients in Cambridgeshire are looking for s Scientist, Chemistry – Organic Materials.
This role is commutable from Saffron Walden, Royston, Cambridge, Bedford, St. Neots, Huntingdon.
The successful candidate will contribute to the identification and evaluation of new research themes and projects. Within this role you will be expanding the company’s expertise, network and Intellectual Property (IP) in new technical fields. You will be working as part of an interdisciplinary team that includes chemists, physicists, biochemists, and engineers.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Design, synthesis, purification and development of novel functional organic materials for a variety of feasibility projects.
• Contribute to the development of new project proposals based on technological needs, trends or emerging technologies, to include unique technical solutions.
• Widen the company’s Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio by inventing novel concepts and technical solutions.
• Effective communication with all team members and the wider organisation to distribute results, discuss problems, and provide next-step recommendations to progress the projects.
• Contribute to idea generation to create novel projects.
• Design, synthesis and delivery of novel organic materials to meet technical performance requirements. Produce proposals to adapt and improve materials according to performance and specification requirements.
• Assist other chemists with synthetic routes and material design to meet the technical needs of their projects.
• Assessment of research areas outside previous experience; assist in preparation of briefing documents to communicate current status, on-going research, possible opportunities, market and competitors.
• Continual review of new trends and emerging technologies, regularly communicating potential opportunities within the company.
• When appropriate assist with market analyses to evaluate unmet needs and potential value propositions.
• Identification of intellectual property, filing of invention disclosures, and providing feedback to ensure high quality patent applications.
• Assist in identification and contacting external experts to accelerate the identification and evaluation of new proposals.
• Organic / Inorganic Chemistry PhD, or alternatively a degree in Chemistry with equivalent industrial experience.
• Track record of the design and successful synthesis of novel organic molecules to meet a technical need.
• An inquiring mind, with a broad interest in current trends outside your current speciality, particularly towards materials development.
• An aptitude for creative thinking, problem solving, and delivering novel solutions for unmet needs.
• Clear and confident communication when discussing complex technical concepts, with the ability to tailor to appropriate levels for different audiences.
• Proactivity and excellent self-motivation with an ability to acquire new skills and areas of expertise are essential.
• Strong team-work and the ability to operate in multi-disciplinary / cross-functional teams.
• Experience of generation of Intellectual Property.
• Experience of evaluation of market needs and construction of business cases.
• Experience of collaboration with academics.
Salary c£35k per annum, flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for this Scientist, Chemistry – Organic Materials role in Cambridgeshire please contact us ASAP!
REGISTER YOUR CV