Childcare Apprentice 30699
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
Milky Way L2 Play group Practitioner should be able to work with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector.
A normal day would include:
• To value and promote a team approach within the Nursery.
• To provide an environment that is warm, secure and welcoming, which values children and their achievements and involves parents in the care and education of their children.
• To take part in the planning and delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and welfare requirements.
• To carry out observations and assessments and to keep records of the children’s progress and development.
• To make effective use of all available resources. Including the up keep for replacing resources when required i.e. paper, consumables and creative equipment.
• To take care of the emotional and developmental needs of the children.
• To liaise with other staff and parents to provide a holistic approach to the needs of young children.
• To jointly develop good programmes of play and learning for young children.
• To provide quality services that meet the needs of our customers.
• To provide \appropriate care/intervention when a child is sick.
• To recognise the signs of abuse and know what actions should be taken.
• To contribute to team development.
• To deal with emergency situations which might place the child at risk, e.g. sickness, fire.
• To consistently work in a manner which reflects the role as a professional carer.
• To assist with the monitoring and control of material and equipment stock.
• To attend meetings where appropriate.
• To contribute to the management of children’s behaviour.
This job also includes assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
Any other relevant duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post, as determined by the Nursery Manager & the Senior Management Staff.
What you should have to apply
• Good standard of Maths and English
• Nurturing caring nature
• Highly punctual, Honest and Reliable
• Enthusiastic, Motivated and Positive attitude.
• Flexible and open minded
• Good standard of English and Maths and computer literate.
• Good communication skills
• Team player
• Ability to work in a Multipurpose Building
REGISTER YOUR CV