This listing has expired
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Working in both the nursery and Out of School Club.
- Meeting and greeting parents and children at the nursery
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Participating in activities with the children e.g. reading, numeracy, literacy activities
- Communicate with parents/families to help to encourage the child
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Assisting at snack and mealtimes
- Outdoor play
- Caring for children aged 3 months to 5yrs
- You will also work in the afterschool club when support and cover is required
Requirements and prospects
- Experience with children including babysitting would be an advantage
- Punctual and able to use own initiative
- Strong communication skills – the ability to converse with young children, parents and colleagues alike
- Confident and fun
- Work well within a team
- Hard working
- Caring and compassionate attitude
- English and maths GCSE A-D or equivalents
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include;
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business
- The opportunity to progress on to a Level 3, CYPW apprenticeship programme with Interserve Learning and Employment
Things to consider
A full DBS Check is required for this role.
The successful applicant must be able to provide 2 employer references from previous job roles.
About the employer
Little Star Nursery and out of school club provides high quality childcare for children aged 6 weeks – 12years. The employer provides full training and development options. The nursery will provide high quality care & education for children aged 6 weeks – 5 years. They offer a varied & stimulating schedule of activities will be provided for the toddlers where music, sensory experiences & outdoor time is of the highest priority. We also have an Out of School Club.
Little Stars Private Day Nursery
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Little Stars Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete
- Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce apprenticeship programme
- Functional skills in English and maths if required delivered through Little Stars Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment
Children and Young People’s Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV