Childcare Apprentice Role (Id:98434)
This listing has expired
Employer: Magicmind Nursery & Pre-School
Wage: £160.00 Per Week
Hours: 32.00 Per Week
Great opportunity to do a Level 2 in Childcare with a friendly and supportive nursery in SE15 ! Kick start your child care career now !
- To be a reliable member of a team, to work co-operatively and with flexibility in all areas of the nursery.
- To show initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new practices.
- To learn to be aware of the importance of each individual child’s background and varied cultural patterns and to be able to work with children, staff and parents in accordance with trust equal opportunities and policy.
- To learn to understand each child as an individual and have good understanding of EYFS and child development.
- To participate and contribute to planning suitable age-appropriate activities for children. To learn and develop the ability to be creative and imaginative in helping to provide a stimulating learning environment.
- To learn the duties of a key worker and how to carry out observations, daily diaries, development charts, reports and parent’s meeting for the children. 8. To assist to observe the children and report any child who appears fretful or distressed.
- To be able to establish positive professional relationship with parents, staff, children and any other outside agencies, as appropriate.
- To undertake share responsibility for maintaining daily a high standard of hygiene and for general health and safety throughout the nursery at all times.
- To undertake duties lay out in staff weekly rota – i.e. cleaning, nappy change, rest duty, setting-up etc. 12. Assist in ensuring the children receive adequate, nutritional and well balanced diet.
- To be prepared to undertake training and attend courses and INSET relating to child-care and education development.
- To provide childcare that is anti-sexist, anti-racist and promotes positive images for all groups within the nursery.
- To be prepared to attend parent meetings, staff meetings and be involved in fund raising events, which may occur outside normal working hours.
- To be familiar with the nursery policies and adhere to all policies and procedures, including equal opportunities, inclusion, health and safety and child protection.
GCSE’s passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in Maths and English will be completed.
- RELIABLE HARD WORKING
- FLEXIBLE HAPPY AND LIVELY PERSONALITY
12 – 14 months
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 2 in Childcare
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
REGISTER YOUR CV