Childcare Apprenticeship (Id:95292)
This listing has expired
Employer: Selly Oak Tree Day Nursery Ltd
Wage: £146.25 Per Week
Hours: 37.50 Per Week
Selly Oak is a small family run nursery which many have described as a home away from home. A relaxed environment where childrens needs and interests are the main priority and also where staff are encouraged to train and progress.
While completing your apprenticeship, you will work with Selly Oak Tree Day Nursery and alongside Paragon Skills to actively work towards gaining your Level 2 certificate in Early Years.
Your day to day duties will include, but not limited to;
- Support the children with their breakfast in the morning and greet the parents.
- Be involved in any activities that may be happening in the room and help to plan activities using a range of resources.
- Supervise children during meal times offering opportunity for 1 to 1 conversation and support where needed.
- General cleaning and tidying of room throughout the day and observations of the children.
- Written daily sheet for a small group of children to let them know what they have been doing in the day.
- Exploring outdoors in the garden with the children.
- All aspects of the role is supported by the manager for the first 12 weeks as part of the induction process which includes weekly meetings to ensure candidate is comfortable and progressing. The room leader will then become the mentor in order to guide and support the apprentice through the role a bit at a time.
The nursery is open between the hours of 07.30am and 18.00pm and you will work Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). Your shifts will be discussed at interview if you are successful.
The successful candidate must have achieved C’s in Maths and English or equivalent.
12 to 15 months
Paragon Skills are one of the leading training providers in the country. We have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Personal Tutors will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard. With this apprenticeship you will complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Children and Young Persons Workforce,
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT,
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities,
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
All training will be delivered in the work place with no requirement for day release to college. You will be mentored by experienced members of staff while developing your skills to a nationally recognised industry standard.
REGISTER YOUR CV