Childminding Assistant Apprentice
Childminding Assistant Apprentice VAC-42391
We look after 9 pre-school children ranging from 6 months to 3 years old at present in my home. We are open 8-6 Mon-Thurs, and go out to playgroups, parks, soft play, farms, museums etc every morning in my 8 seater van. The children sleep in the afternoons and then play in the house and garden before home time.
Your responsibilities will include supporting children in play and learning activities, everyday care routines such as meal and sleep times, observing and record keeping of children’s development and planning to meet their individual needs supported by establishing positive relationships with parents and carers.
Your day to day duties will be-
• Helping to prepare and feed children meals, snacks and drinks.
• Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training.
• Teaching general life skills, such as basic hygiene and manners.
• Helping to get the children safely to and from groups, parks, soft play etc.
• Closely supervising children during activities and ensuring the environment is safe.
• Developing positive relationships with children, parents, other staff and members of the household to ensure children and parents feel happy and comfortable with the provision.
• Planning and delivering stimulating activities to enable the children to develop in all the EYFS key areas.
• Supervise children on your own whilst lead Childminder is on the school run.
• Tidying away resources and cleaning up after meals in line with health and safety and food hygiene requirements.
• Helping to track and record the children’s development and experiences using an online software programme.
• Be familiar with all the policies and procedures such as safeguarding, data protection and emergency evacuation procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
• Be familiar with Ofsted requirements and how to ensure they are met.
• Any other appropriate duties as requested by the lead Childminder.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 8am – 6pm Monday – Thursday
Weekly Wage : £165.00
Application Deadline: 18-02-2019
Possible Start Date : 25-02-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV