Coaching Apprenticeship – Exeter City Community Trust VAC-42073
This listing has expired
Coach Core Benefits
·Achieve qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
·Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
·Practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
·An opportunity to meet new people of a similar age, have fun, become a role model and give something back to the community.
·The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship
The apprenticeship role will include:
• Help to inspire children, young people and clients to develop and lead healthy active lifestyles
• Assist in delivering sessions taking the lead with small groups as directed
• Assist in assessing, recording and reporting on children’s / clients progress and development
• Assist in the planning and delivery of programmes
• Assist in maintaining the health and safety at all times
• Assist leaders in the management and organisation of activities, actions and programmes
• Help to deliver effectively programmes, activities and actions within their function
You must also:
• Possess a passion for physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
• Be organised and able to work effectively in teams and as an individual, always maintaining a professional approach to work.
• Be able to relate well to, motivate, and encourage others being conscious of being a positive role model at all times.
• Have an enthusiastic attitude to life and work.
• Have the ability to make learning and work fun.
In July 2012, The Royal Foundation launched Coach Core; a new, innovative and exciting sports coaching apprenticeship targeting young people who wish to gain further education and employment in sport. Since then, apprentices in cities across the UK have been able to enjoy an intensive but incredible opportunity to become educated and employed for 14-18 months with some of the biggest sports providers and clubs in the industry.
With a full support team in place, apprentices have thrived both with their professional and personal development as we look to enhance the lives and opportunities for all Coach Core students from the first day to the last.
Successful applicants will be involved in a paid full-time sports coaching training programme to support your development and prepare you for future employment. At the end of the 14-18 months, you will leave with recognised qualifications, new skills, knowledge and a wealth of experience working as a trainee sports coach plus the opportunity to attend events unique to this programme.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline: 11-02-2019
Possible Start Date : 18-02-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV