Commercial (Higher and) Degree Apprenticeship Programme 2017
This listing has expired
Starting salary: Up to £24,000 per annum depending on location and experience, plus benefits (Negotiable for those who bring management/leadership experience from other industries; for example ex-forces personnel).
*Construction Quantity Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship Programme 2017
Summary of the role:
We are collaborating with Sheffield Hallam University to offer bespoke Construction Quantity Surveyor Higher and Degree Apprenticeships, including the award of a BSc (Hons) degree in Professional Practice in Residential Development and Quantity Surveying, which provides a unique opportunity for you to develop the qualities and skills you’ll need to excel in your career in the house-building industry. It’s a great opportunity for those who are looking for an alternative start for their career rather than full-time Higher Education or those who wish to change career direction into a Quantity Surveying role.
You’ll join as Trainee Quantity Surveyor, giving you hands-on experience from day one. Once the Construction Quantity Surveyor Higher and Degree Apprenticeship Standards have been approved nationally you’ll attend 4 x 1-week teaching blocks at Sheffield Hallam University each year, where we’ll put you up in a hotel and cover your food and travel costs. You’ll achieve an industry accredited BSc (Hons) Degree over the course of approximately 5 years.
Personal Characteristics/Qualifications and Skills:
To be considered you must have the potential to focus on customer expectation and commercial needs, as well as having an understanding of the level of commitment required from you to successfully manage working in a full time role alongside furthering your education. You’ll also need to meet the following minimum course entry requirements:
To qualify you’ll need ONE of the following:
· One A Level and 4 GCSE’s (C or above) including Maths and English OR
· BTEC National Certificate in Building, Construction or Civil Engineering OR
· HNC / HND in Building, Construction or Civil Engineering OR
· Advanced Diploma in Construction or Built Environment OR
· Other access or foundation courses, including a relevant Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship
· More experienced entrants without formal qualifications will be considered on merit, taking into account such factors as their work experience, including those from the Armed Forces, and previous qualifications.
You’ll also need a full driving licence, be willing and able to travel, and have the right to work permanently and legally in the UK.
You’ll benefit from:
· Full time Trainee Quantity Surveyor position with the opportunity to progress into leadership roles
· Competitive salary
· Hands on experience from day one
· Support in achieving an industry accredited BSc (Hons) Degree in Residential Development and Quantity Surveying – approximately 5 years
· 4 x 1-week annual block teaching at Sheffield Hallam University for academic study
· Paid Tuition fees
· Accommodation, breakfast and evening meals paid for during block weeks
· One to one academic and business mentoring and development support
· Work with academic and work based mentors to prepare for an End Point Assessment leading to full professional membership of either the RICS or CIOB
· 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
· Flexible benefits
Please outline which vacancy you are interested in applying for in your application.
1. North East
3. South Midlands
4. East Midlands
6. South West
7. North Thames
8. Southern Counties
11. London Brentford
12. London Stratford
13. London Aldgate
14. Group Support Centre (Coalville)
For more information and to find out what we have to offer click on the apply link.
Closing date: 31 July 2017.
REGISTER YOUR CV