Commis Chef Apprentice
Commis Chef Apprentice VAC-51903
The post holder will report directly to the Head Chef and be responsible for supporting the delivery of the day to day food production, food hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen areas.
Primary Objectives for the Commis Chef position will be: –
▪ To support the day to day operations in the kitchen areas in order to maximise business opportunities and profitability in line with the company business plan.
▪ To be fully accountable for food safety and assist the Head Chef in ensuring all appropriate HACCP checks are completed
▪ To ensure high standards of food production, presentation and quality are maintained in line with the menu specification.
▪ To ensure the highest possible standards of Health & Safety are maintained.
▪ To provide consistently high standards of customer care to venue users
▪ To support the planning, implementation and delivery of catering functions and events.
The Commis Chef will focus day to day on the following tasks: –
▪ To assist in the preparation of food for all food departments, outlets and banqueting functions on a daily basis
▪ To carry out all HACCP food safety duties within kitchen areas in accordance with the relevant procedures.
▪ Ensure the kitchen work areas are clean and in good working order prior to food preparation commencing.
▪ Ensure all stock is appropriately labelled and rotated regularly to ensure minimum wastage and that wastage sheets are properly filled out on a daily basis.
▪ When required, to take in deliveries by suppliers, ensuring all stock signed for is present and undamaged.
▪ Carry out opening, closing and deep cleaning duties to a high standard as part of HACCP work scheduled.
▪ To ensure that the food production to customers is delivered to the required specification and standard as specified by the Head Chef.
▪ As required, ensure all daily, weekly and monthly health and hygiene audits are completed as directed by the Head Chef.
▪ To ensure that the relevant personal development plan and ongoing training is completed as instructed by the Head Chef.
▪ To undertake any other duties as may be required by the Head Chef to ensure that the business objectives of the venue / contract are achieved.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 40 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £200.00
Application Deadline: 06-04-2020
Possible Start Date : 13-04-2020
REGISTER YOUR CV