Community Boxing Coach – Bristol VAC-42550
This listing has expired
Empire Boxing are looking for somebody to teach and mentor young people, teaching them physical and non-physical attributes of non-contact boxing. Deliver technique sessions, physical education and health and well-being education.
Those who demonstrate commitment and a will to want to better themselves in this sports coaching programme will then be offered 14-18 month employment working and training for 30 hours a week on Coach Core beginning February 2019. You will work towards your Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship L2.
Coach Core Benefits
·Achieve qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
·Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
·Practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
·An opportunity to meet new people of a similar age, have fun, become a role model and give something back to the community.
·The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship
In July 2012, The Royal Foundation launched Coach Core; a new, innovative and exciting sports coaching apprenticeship targeting young people who wish to gain further education and employment in sport. Since then, apprentices in cities across the UK have been able to enjoy an intensive but incredible opportunity to become educated and employed for 14 – 18 months with some of the biggest sports providers and clubs in the industry.
With a full support team in place, apprentices have thrived both with their professional and personal development as we look to enhance the lives and opportunities for all Coach Core students from the first day to the last.
Successful applicants will be involved in a paid full-time sports coaching training programme to support your development and prepare you for future employment. At the end of the 14 – 18 months, you will leave with recognised qualifications, new skills, knowledge and a wealth of experience working as a trainee sports coach plus the opportunity to attend events unique to this programme.
The apprenticeship will consist of;
• Work with young people one-to-one or in a group.
• Prepare for each session, plan a variety of activities week on week including a technical session with demonstrations, drills, core work, stretching and a mentoring slot
• Make use of a tool box of activities to engage young people, ‘make it fun’ whilst also dealing with emotions and adapting the session format as appropriate
• A link between the young person and the school, building trust and encouraging open communication
• Write up session notes at the end, provide a more detailed file note for one-to-one sessions
• Meet school contacts regularly to review group/individual’s progress
• Manage own referrals and be the face of ‘Empire Fighting Chance’
• Command respect and trust from young people by sharing knowledge and expertise of boxing whilst also encouraging young people to have a voice and express themselves
• Share experiences and learning with the other coaches
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline: 18-03-2019
Possible Start Date : 25-03-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV