Community Sports Coach – Bristol
Community Sports Coach – Bristol VAC-43116
The Apprentice will become a confident member of the Mojo Active Instructor team, appreciating the trust that is put in them and the development provided. Through observation and coaching, the Apprentice will have ample opportunities to build their skill base and excel as an individual.
Those who demonstrate commitment and a will to want to better themselves in this sports coaching programme will then be offered 14-18 month employment working and training for 30 hours a week. You will work towards your Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship L2.
Coach Core Benefits
·Achieve qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
·Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
·Practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
·An opportunity to meet new people of a similar age, have fun, become a role model and give something back to the community.
·The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship
In July 2012, The Royal Foundation launched Coach Core; a new, innovative and exciting sports coaching apprenticeship targeting young people who wish to gain further education and employment in sport. Since then, apprentices in cities across the UK have been able to enjoy an intensive but incredible opportunity to become educated and employed for 14 – 18 months with some of the biggest sports providers and clubs in the industry.
With a full support team in place, apprentices have thrived both with their professional and personal development as we look to enhance the lives and opportunities for all Coach Core students from the first day to the last.
Successful applicants will be involved in a paid full-time sports coaching training programme to support your development and prepare you for future employment. At the end of the 14 – 18 months, you will leave with recognised qualifications, new skills, knowledge and a wealth of experience working as a trainee sports coach plus the opportunity to attend events unique to this programme.
The responsibilities involved will be;
• A large part of the role will be Assisting in the delivery and of all Mojo Active’s activity programs which include Outdoor Education sessions, for local schools, After school Clubs, Holidays camps, Fitness clubs, Corporate days, and Team Building days.
• Safe guarding of all children and vulnerable clients
• Providing excellent customer service at all times
• Working very closely with and assisting the centre manager with their daily tasks
• Assisting in the preparation of activities, Delivery will be to all ages and will be delivered throughout the week, including weekends.
• Site maintenance and cleaning
• Assisting in session delivery that include Archery, Climbing, High Ropes, Orienteering, Assault Course, circuits and many others.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline: 06-03-2019
Possible Start Date : 11-04-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV