Construction Management Apprentice 2019 – Level 4 – Midlands
This listing has expired
About the role
Construction Management Apprentice – Level 4 – Midlands
Qualifications needed – 2 A Levels or equivalent
Closing Date – applications are open until 13th May 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in the West Midlands
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Construction Management Apprentice. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
As a Construction Management Apprentice our aim is to develop your skills and help you reach your full potential.
You will study for and be expected to pass Higher (level 4) Construction and Building Services Management and Supervision (Sustainability) within 3yrs.
Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As the programme progresses you will have increased responsibility for the management of building construction projects. Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda.
What you’ll be doing
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on their site and that all staff and operatives on site adhere to those systems and safe standards of behaviour
- To manage productivity on site so that the project is completed on time
- To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to contract and cost constraints
- To ensure that the site has minimal impact on the environment and local community
- To manage interfaces between the various stakeholders associated with the site
- To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality demanded by the client
- Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship.
Who we’re looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
- 2 A Levels
- Completed an advanced( level 3) apprenticeship in Construction
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and People Skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
REGISTER YOUR CV