Events Assistant Apprentice – Level 3
Events Assistant Apprentice – Level 3 VAC001440929
Brief overview of the role
You will be responsible for assisting the Events Team to provide administrative support, ensuring the successful delivery of Compelo’s events programme. This includes events such as: New Statesman, Press Gazette, The World of Fine Wine, Spear’s and Elite Traveler; as well as bespoke events.
Applications for apprenticeship
• Working week
o Monday to Friday, shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 35.00
• Monthly wage-£750.00
• Expected apprenticeship duration- 18 months
• Possible start date-17 Sep 2018
• Apprenticeship level- Advanced Level Apprenticeship
• Reference number- VAC001440929
• Positions 1 available
Events Assistant Key Responsibilities:
• Venue and supplier research
• Briefing suppliers for quotes
• Supplier coordination and confirmation
• Attend all event meetings – provide minutes and update the event timeline.
• Event Scheduling
• Briefing documents, invitations and following up attendees
• Guest list management including enquiries
• Signage at the event – all general sponsor signage, including any specific sponsor deliverables
• Production of sponsor deliverables – including badging, bespoke events onsite, branded items
• Travel and accommodation booking for the team working on the event
• Onsite project delivery – along with the rest of the Events Team
• Post-event wrap up – collation of final attendee list, evaluation form and analysis, final thank you email to sponsors, assistance with budget reconciliation including chasing any remaining supplier invoices
Requirements and prospects
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular Excel
• Good communication and literacy skills
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work within a team and provide assistance
• Ability to liaise across several departments in order to bring a project together
• Some previous events/admin experience would be fantastic
• An ambitious attitude
• Enthusiastic candidate with a lot of initiative
• Energetic approach with a keen eye for detail
• Enthusiasm to improve business processes and how the team works
• Commitment to supporting colleagues and stakeholders
GCSE grades in English Language and maths: A*-C or equivalent.
A level grades: A* – C or equivalent.
Post-completion of your apprenticeship could lead to a higher level apprenticeship and possibly a permanent role with our client, who is committed to long term prospects for the right person.
Questions for candidates
Why are you applying for an Events Assistant apprenticeship? (What are you hoping to achieve, why does it appeal to you, is this your preferred option etc.)
Please outline your travel arrangements including your journey time from your home address to EC1N 8EB.
About the employer
Global Data Publications Limited
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Compelo delivers a range of premium events, particularly: conferences, forums, award ceremonies, bespoke round-tables, special projects and more. Our events are supported by established industry publications and in-depth research. Topics include: politics, business intelligence, financial services, design and construction and luxury brands. We cover the latest market trends and attract the industry’s most knowledgeable speakers. We arrange, promote and manage roughly 200 exclusive events annually by bringing various industry experts together on a global basis.
John Carpenter House
John Carpenter Street
Training to be provided
The apprenticeship programme will be consists of the following elements:
• 6 face-to-face, daily workshops led by event professionals
• Online Learning: completing tests, quizzes and assignments as part of the process of gathering evidence of learning
Workplace learning: There is a mentor/coach assigned to each apprentice:
• The apprentice meets with their mentor/coach every month for two hours to check on progression
• The mentor/coach works alongside the apprentice and their manager to ensure versatile learning and experiences are being given
• Coaching/mentoring to ensure the apprentice is ready for the End-Point Assessment
The Events Assistant Apprenticeship is defined as an Advanced Apprenticeship – equivalent to A-Levels and is designed to give a structured training programme for someone entering the event industry; covering the basics of event management.
The JGA Group
REGISTER YOUR CV