2020 UK Graduate Aviation Scheme 41411BR
This listing has expired
2020 UK Graduate Aviation Scheme
What will you be getting up to?
Our aviation team consists of 70 planners, engineers and analysts with over 20 different nationalities, working together to deliver world-class airport consultancy services to our clients. We provide planning, engineering and analytical services for all sizes of airports, ranging from small regional to some of the biggest and best airports in the world, including London Heathrow, Hong Kong International Airport, Singapore Changi and New York JFK. As one of the world’s most experienced aviation consultancies, our client portfolio includes airports, governments, civil aviation authorities, airport companies, equity investors and providers of debt finance; so there really is no better place to start your career.
We have provided project finance, business planning and transaction advice for $75bn worth of airport assets in over 100 countries. Globally recognised as a key player in the industry, our work was awarded with the 2018 Infrastructure Journal Global Awards for Best Airport Deal in North America for Wade International Airport in Bermuda, the Best Airport Deal in Europe for the 14 Greek Regional Airports and Best Airport Deal in Africa for Antananarivo and Nosy Be Airports in Madagascar.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Aviation Planning – You will be given the opportunity to work on the on the spatial planning of airport infrastructure, providing master planning and design services for airport terminals, airfields including runways, taxiways and aprons, and all other airport areas. You will help to create integrated Masterplans that are fit for the long-term and in line with the growth aspirations of our clients.
- Aviation Analytics and Advisory – You will be given the opportunity to provide award-winning business advisory services to a wide range of clients, including airports and their sponsors and lenders. Focussing on our client’s strategic aims, our services include traffic forecasting, terminal and airfield capacity analysis using a variety of modelling tools, lenders’ technical advisory, due diligence, financial planning and operations monitoring.
- Aviation Engineering and Asset Management: Providing advisory services to sponsors and airport concessionaires, you will be given the opportunity to advise on managing infrastructure and assets at airports. Our experts provide services in relation to airfield engineering (pavement and AGL design of runways, taxiways and aprons) and project management for major airport development projects.
“Since joining as a graduate in the aviation division I have been exposed to a range of global projects. Most of my time is now spent working on the expansions of Heathrow and Hong Kong International Airport. I have received training in Airtop, an airfield simulation modelling tool, which can be used to assess current airfield capacity and test the capacity and efficiency of our designs.” Johnathan Fitzgerald, Graduate Aviation Planner
Where you’ll be based
We have opportunities in our Croydon office.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for aviation, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Airport management or Airport planning
- Air Transport Management
- Civil engineering,
- other aviation related discipline
- Economics, Finance or Business Related
When you apply you will be asked to choose which areas you are applying for; your area choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen area through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture;
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the start of your career with us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll also support you if your role requires you to obtain chartered status or if this is something you desire, we will support your journey to achieving this with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we’ll ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of from your very first day.
REGISTER YOUR CV