2020 UK Early Careers Industrial Trainee Scheme – Talent Acquisition 42120BR
This listing has expired
2020 UK Early Careers Industrial Trainee Scheme
Job description – what to expect
Our industrial placements are for a period of six to 12 months, during which, you will have the opportunity to work within one of our sectors.
We have placements still available in the following areas:
- Early Careers Talent Acquisition team
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Arranging candidate job interviews via phone. We use Microsoft Outlook and a candidate tracking system which is provided by IBM.
- Providing an excellent candidate experience by supporting our applicants through the Mott MacDonald recruitment process.
- Co-ordination of recruitment events – booking venues and events and managing attendees.
- Attend recruitment events
- Be the first point of contact when candidates call the team
- Apprentice paperwork – ensuring all required paperwork for each apprentice offer is completed
Early Careers Learning and Development team
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Administration for our new graduate and apprentice development programmes – liaising with our training provider to book dates, booking rooms and lunches, collating and monitoring evaluation reports feeding back to the Early Talent Team, managing delegate attendance, sending communications as appropriate.
- Co-ordination of residential events – booking venues meeting requirements of the residential sessions, liaising with venues regarding details and delegate requirements, communicating with delegates, working with our senior managers to ensure their attendance at events.
- Support graduates and apprentices through their programmes by being the first port of call for queries, monitoring relevant email inboxes.
- Attending residential events to ensure smooth running.
- Apprentice paperwork – ensuring all required paperwork for each apprentice is complete and tracked.
- Managing the Digital Apprenticeship Services (DAS) account – putting our apprentices onto DAS so levy funds can be drawn.
- Assist the Early Talent Manager in tracking budget spend and completing the monthly cross-charging.
Essential competencies / skills for both teams include;
- You will be confident, hard-working and ambitious, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel to attend events
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative, be highly organised, able to prioritise tasks effectively.
- You will have a good understanding of confidentiality in a business environment.
- You will be computer literate and able to use excel
- You will have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 (including 6 or above in Math’s and English)
- Be studying for a degree
To join us for an industrial trainee placement you must currently be at University or looking for a pre-university placement.
You’ll be working with graduates, experienced professionals, and other students so a placement with us is the perfect opportunity to learn from a variety of people while understanding our values and culture. It’s also a great chance to get involved with real projects while gaining relevant experience.
We do not have a formal structure for our placements, so you can really make the role your own. The more you get involved and the more questions you ask, the more you will gain from your experience with us.
As well as having one of the specific degrees listed above, we are looking for students with the following characteristics:
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture;
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About our placements
We’re looking for highly motivated students who are passionate about learning from our industry experts. You’ll be given the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working on some of the exciting projects that are helping to shape tomorrow’s world.
We understand that to put your learning into practice it’s important that you’re given an accurate insight in to our innovative industry. With enough work placement experience under your belt you can get just that. Think of it as a worthwhile investment towards your future career.
We place a lot of emphasis on giving you a realistic view of our world, so you can decide if it’s the industry you want to work in.
Many of the employees that we recruit for our graduate schemes are students that have made an impression during their placements with us, so remember, this could be the start of a promising career for you with Mott MacDonald.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other placement students and graduates or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
REGISTER YOUR CV