Graduate Commercial Analyst, System Operator – National Grid – Warwick
This listing has expired
This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
Qualifications:You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in your degree discipline.
About the role
As a Commercial Graduate within the System Operator, you will carry out vital work that ultimately contributes to keeping the lights on and gas flowing to millions of homes and businesses across the UK. You will be at the heart of the national energy system, working to support the integral commercial infrastructure that underpins the day to day and future workings of the Gas and Electricity System Operator. The energy sector is transforming at an unprecedented scale and pace; you will work with key stakeholders across the industry and within National Grid to harness opportunities that decarbonisation brings, utilising innovative technologies, open markets and new ways of working to meet the needs of present and future consumers.
What you’ll do
As a Commercial Graduate within the System Operator you’ll have the opportunity to work in a diverse range of teams within the Gas System Operator. Responsibilities can include:
- Predict the nation’s energy supply and demand – from day to day forecasting to predicting the coming decades, so we can understand how we will need to adapt to operate a carbon free system by 2025. Lead analytical work that will shape future investment decisions for the UK transmission networks.
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders ensuring gas and electricity systems of the future meet needs and expectations, ensuring that the future decarbonised, decentralised and digitalised system works for everyone in the energy sector.
- Negotiate connection and service contracts, ensuring we adapt to the diverse and growing needs of our customers.
- Work with energy industry colleagues, European Commission and national bodies to develop and implement amendments to industry codes setting out how future energy markets operate.
- Understand our charging regimes and collect revenues in a timely and efficient manner
- Investigate the cause of system performance issues, identify and analyse opportunities to improve processes, and recommend sustainable solutions.
What’s in it for you
Start your career at the heart of the energy system, working across the energy industry to decarbonise the energy sector, to meet legally binding net zero emissions targets. With dedicated support from our award winning Academy and experts within the business you will join the business at an exciting time, as we negotiate the next round of our price controls (RIIO2), and begin to take a leading role in driving the transformation towards a more sustainable future. You will learn from teams in National Grid to shape the future of the System Operator, and build a solid external network across the energy industry.
What you’ll get
You will receive a starting salary of £28,105 (or £29,127 if you hold a Masters) and a £2000 joining bonus. You will also have access to a number of additional benefits such as 25 days’ holiday, a generous completion payment, an accommodation allowance as you move around the business, a competitive pension scheme and a number of flexible benefits to name just a few.
Who are we
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.
The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 15th December, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods canand may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
REGISTER YOUR CV