Customer Service Apprenticeship
Customer Service Apprenticeship
The Frontline Customer Service department is responsible for handling the vast majority of contacts between DHL and its customers. Working within that department, an Apprentice Frontline Customer Service Agent’s key role is to:
- Be the first point of contact for customers
- Log and track customer shipments
- Maximise sales by promoting value added services within the product offering
- Providing up to date information to customers and ensuring shipments are processed and sent without delay
We want to be the logistics company for the world. Our role is to connect people and improve their lives. We’re made up of a family of closely-knit business divisions all working together to meet our customers’ needs. To deliver more than just parcels and packages, deliver prosperity and joy.
Requirements and prospects
After a seven week training induction you will be expected to make a global difference through customer excellence, you will need to:
- Fill customers with confidence in our services
- Build rapport with customers and establish their needs
- Be driven to achieve targets and ensure a high enquiry to booking conversion rate is generated
- Maximise upselling opportunities whilst ensuring the customer has an informed choice
- Remain positive and enthusiastic during every customer contact
- Consistently provide a high level of quality service
- Manage customers’ expectations
- Maintain customer loyalty
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to present and articulate verbally and written information to customers
- Enthusiastic nature with a willingness to learn
- Experience of working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or equivalent is advantageous
75% of apprentices that successfully complete their apprenticeship remain with the company and 30% of those transfer to a different department within the business during their second year.
Opportunities include progressing onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
Things to consider
The interview stage for this position includes an assessment of ICT, literacy and numeracy skills. This role includes a number of targets to achieve daily; these are monitored regularly.
You will be supported with mentoring and coaching to achieve those targets however the successful candidate must hold a professional attitude.
About the employer
Our vision is to be The Logistics Company for the World. Our mission – Excellence. Simply Delivered. – is our guiding light. Our Strategy 2020: Focus, Connect, Grow, Is our roadmap to the future. We connect people and improve their lives. And we do it by being uncompromisingly customer-centric and delivering excellence day in and day out. By bringing people together and making life simpler – for our customers, our employees, our investors, and our society – we help make the world a better place. Being The Logistics Company for the World goes well beyond our global presence in over 220 countries and territories, or our tireless pioneer spirit when it comes to new markets. It also extends beyond our unique ability to offer a remarkable range of logistics solutions – from mission-critical express deliveries to economical freight transportation, from taking the complexity out of customs to managing the complexity of global supply chains and everything in between. We want to be the logistics company people turn to – the first choice not only for all shipping needs, but also the first choice for career and investment opportunities, and being the global benchmark for responsible business
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Customer Service qualification provided on a 1-1 basis via your dedicated Interserve Learning and Employment assessor and receive work-based training in;
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities,
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in maths and English during their 14 month Apprenticeship.
Customer service practitioner
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV