Customer service practitioner (Project Support Officer) Apprentice
This listing has expired
The Project Support Officer will be responsible for providing the order and project management teams with the most up to date and meaningful information in relation to specific orders, so they can update their customer with the most comprehensive and relevant information. This will be across a wide range of products that are in GCI’s portfolio. The position requires individuals who have a keen eye for detail and can push our carriers, on specific products, to provide the best possible update, highlighting any risks or issues to the appropriate person.
They will have an ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally with our carriers, and on occasions our customers.
The Project Support Officer is responsible for ensuring that all tasks are completed to a high standard, as per the outlined quality indicators. They will also provide comprehensive and detailed updates, adding to all the relevant systems, for the order and project management team to obtain easily.
A customer centric culture is paramount within the service transition team.
The Project Support Officer will be expected to support the service transition manager in the following areas:
- Adhering to agreed internal operational level agreements (OLAs)
- Ad hoc administration tasks
- Placing orders in line with aligned OLA
- Generating necessary reports
- Ensuring the project management system is updated with all tasks & carrier communications
- Managing any cease requests from customers.
- PSTN/DSL/FTTC orders & carrier management
- Ordering and upgrading of circuits using relevant carrier system
- Field engineer bookings with external supplier
- Management of provisioning team’s diary to ensure best use of resources.
- Adding installed assets to the customer management system
- Creation of handovers, for distribution to the customer and added to project management system
- Creating and managing tickets on early life fault products
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Plans ahead and manages time effectively
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks and problems and seeks to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Meets milestones and is committed to achieving a positive result
- Provides creative and innovative solutions
- Able to assess situations, analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Motivated and proud to be part of the company
- Takes pride in personal development
- Professional and polite manner
- Approachable and welcoming
- Positive attitude and optimistic
- Resilient, calm and in control of emotions
- 5 GCSE’s grades C/4 or above, including maths & English required
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include;
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business.
- The opportunity to progress on to an Higher Level apprenticeship programme with Interserve Learning and Employment.
About the employer
Our customers span multiple sectors and range from single office organisations to those with more than 700 sites. Throughout its 17-year history, GCI’s aim has been to build something special – a progressive organisation with a well invested service delivery infrastructure, empowered staff, and the overarching goal of helping businesses transition from legacy technology environments to ‘benefit rich’ new world options.
Against that backdrop, GCI has steadily shaped its operation around providing sure-footed technical guidance – and to solving key business challenges. These include the need to support an increasingly mobile workforce; the requirement to provide well engineered disaster recovery and business continuity solutions in a progressively uncertain world; the imperative to provide robust security and compliance solutions ahead of changing legislation; the need to support ‘applications anywhere’ in our frenetic 24/7 business landscape; and the requirement to leverage existing technology investments via hybrid environments where appropriate – including hybrid cloud.
To facilitate this, GCI has developed a consultative approach, delivered within the spirit of partnership, and underpinned by the traditional values of decency, honesty and integrity.
The aim is simple – GCI strives to earn its customers’ trust by understanding their business goals and then making technology recommendations to help them meet and exceed those objectives.
Now, almost two decades into its journey, GCI has completed more than 40,000 technology projects, gained multiple awards, achieved some notable industry firsts and developed a distinguished portfolio comprising network, voice, unified communications, mobile working, compliance and cloud services & solutions. It is ISO 27001, 20000, 14001 and 9001 accredited and holds multiple gold, silver and platinum vendor certifications – including 10 golds for Microsoft alone. As a measure of its success, GCI has 200,000 Skype for Business seats and is one of a tiny handful of service providers with its own Level 1 PCI DSS approved Payment Card Security Platform. But the sincerest reflection of GCI’s capability is expressed in the words and actions of its customers via its case studies, testimonials and by repeat business. These are aspects that GCI is proud of and humbled by.
Customer service practitioner level 2
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. GCI Com will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete an Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship programme delivered through GCI Com’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
Customer service practitioner
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV