Cyber Security Apprentice
Cyber Security Apprentice
Currently seeking an ambitious, self-motivated candidate who would class themselves as a team player to join our company’s Security team as an apprentice. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and have a keen interest in IT especially cyber security. The ideal candidate will be approachable, thorough, methodical, predictable, logical, diplomatic and patient.
If this is sounds like you and you have 5 GCSEs grade A*-C and an A level or equivalent specialising in either Maths, Computer Science/IT or similar, we want you to apply!
Provide fully managed IT support services for businesses in the Central London area. Our services include Outsourced IT support, Remote support, Managed IT services, IT security, Cloud computing and IT Consultancy.
You’ll get professional IT support from one of the top London IT companies.
Let us take the grief out of your IT problems so you can get on with the business of running your business.
We offer comprehensive technology support services and network administration, including full back up and recovery. Our team of technicians is fully qualified and experienced in both Mac and PC Systems. We work very closely with our customers, most of whom have been with us for many years. We pride ourselves on giving the highest level of customer service by reacting quickly to problems and often anticipating and resolving issues before they arrive.
- Assist the IT Security Analyst with the installation of Windows & applicable software patches
- Undertake security risk assessments such as system access audits and follow up any identified issues as appropriate
- Perform security checks on web page access requests and re-categorise if appropriate
- Evaluate appropriateness of third party remote access requests and set up accordingly
- Make recommendations for improvements to systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance through regular monitoring, audits and spot checks
- Work with the IT Security Analyst to ensure security systems are in place to protect the business
- Work with the IT Security Analyst to maintain system controls and appropriate levels of access; assisting with auditing and recommending improvements.
- Assist the team to drive security awareness and culture by developing and promoting activities such as educational programs, on-going communications and changes to SEW’s way of working to meet requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations within the water industry and beyond
- Carry out researching, investigating, analysing and evaluating of security threats
- Involved with developing and building a security case within the business
- Involvement with building security into the network
- Mitigating and responding to cyber threats
- Project work, migrations
- 2nd line support and 3rd line support
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
- Qualified to A level or equivalent specialising in either Maths, Computer Science/IT or similar analytical subjects
- Have 5 GCSEs grade A*- C
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages specifically excel
- Strong attention to detail to ensure all work is completed to the highest consistent standard possible.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Passion for cyber security
- Excellent organisation skills
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV