Data Analyst Apprenticeship
Data Analyst Apprenticeship
Operation Health Research (ORH)
ORH helps emergency services around the world to optimise resource use and respond in the most effective and efficient way. At ORH, our Analysts are passionate about data and its role in influencing decision-making at emergency services around the world. By identifying patterns and making the right connections in a variety of large-scale data sets, their work helps public services operate more effectively and efficiently. Joining our analytical team will enable you to apply your technical and problem-solving skills to real-world issues, and you’ll learn how our unique software helps emergency
- You will support high profile public projects by analysing and understanding large data sets to identify patterns and provide accurate and meaningful analysis.
- Use ORH’s in-house simulation and optimisation modelling software. Day-to-day work will involve many complex studies, requiring you to carefully manage your own time, but there is also a strong emphasis on working together.
- On a daily basis you will be using Excel, database tools (SQL or Access), mapping and modelling software, so familiarity with these would be extremely advantageous.
- The ability to assess your own work and identify improvements is also important for this role.
- Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly.
- You should have a numerate background
- An interest in geography or logistics.
- Personal Drive
- Communicate Clearly
- able to use your own initiative
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English and 2x A Levels (including Maths or ICT) or An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT or A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject or BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
Working week: Monday –Friday 9.00am -5.00pm
Salary: £16,000 per annum
Benefits of the role:
We are a small company with an emphasis on developing the skills of our employees through exposure to interesting projects that have a real-life impact. We pride ourselves on our approachability and strongly value the different skillsets of our staff. We have regular social events and days out, play various sports and games together, and like to celebrate birthdays with a meal out.
We offer an annual salary of £16,000 for the apprenticeship position, plus a generous pension and bonus programme. Other benefits include 20 days’ paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), life insurance, as well as opportunities for some flexibility in working hours.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV