Data Analyst Internship
Data Analyst Internship
Reference Code 10418507 EJ EN EXT 1
– Site: Airbus Broughton
– Target Group: Internship – UK
– Work Contract Type / Working Time: Internship / Full time
– Work Experience: No work experience
– Functional Area: CORPORATE GOVERNANCE / Innovation
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
Working with the Industrial Digital Evolution & Application (iDEA) team, you will be at the forefront of delivering Digital solutions to improve business performance in line with Industry 4.0 theory. In a truly multi-functional team you will have the opportunity to work with Design, Quality & Manufacturing Engineers as well as experienced data analysts.
The iDEA team focusses on Innovative ways of improving business performance and intelligence in line with Airbus’s key digital competencies as well as preparing the plant for the future through up-skilling our people in Digital ways of working.
Our aim is to transform data into actionable insights for product performance, business and market intelligence; operational diagnostics and prognostics.
– Based on data modelling provided by IT, with a focus on business needs, extract and integrate both structured and unstructured data from various databases/data-stores
– Develop, test and implement the most suitable analytical models to identify meaningful patterns or trends from complex data sets and types. – Implement the analytics pipeline against the business needs .
– Analyse and improve regularly the accuracy of models against business needs.
– Communicate findings through effective and easy-to-understand data visualisations adapted to the audience.
– Be the interface between their functions, the data ecosystem and the requested solution
– Coach the function in the data-driven mind-set.
– Actively contribute and share best practices, findings, and techniques with the wider data community.
Tasks and accountabilities:
– Delivery of Digital Solutions to resolve business problems
– Automation of Data Gathering and representation via our Big Data Platform
– Support development of Digital Applications
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in Computer Science or data analytics, statistics or mathematics with knowledge of Python and SQL
– Strong skills in querying languages such as SQL
– Strong skills in Scripting languages such as Python
– Good knowledge of Statistical Languages such as R, SPSS preferred
– Expert in MS Applications, G Suite a plus.
– Good level of Statistical knowledge coupled with problem solving skills
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV