Dental Nursing Apprenticeship
Dental Nursing Apprenticeship
The Practice has been established for over 50 years and is proud to deliver high-quality NHS dentistry for all the family.
Our services include emergency dental treatment, general NHS dentistry, and cosmetic dentistry.
We are able to enhance your smile using orthodontics (dental braces including Invisalign clear braces), Philips Zoom teeth whitening, dental crowns, dentures and porcelain veneers. We are also pleased to be able to offer referrals to our private practice – Omnia Dental Spa – for dental implants, advanced cosmetic dentistry and facial rejuvenation treatments including muscle relaxant and dermal fillers.
We welcome patients from all over the Midlands region including Bedworth, Nuneaton, Bulkington, Coventry, Birmingham, Warwickshire, Leicestershire and the surrounding areas.
Your work will include all aspects of dental nursing. You may also be required to carry out any other duties to assist the smooth running of the practice.
Ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, or school leaver, motivated and is able to be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. Wages to be discussed at interview.
In your role, you will:
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures.
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures.
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed.
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment.
- Under supervision carry out the following: reception duties, answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers, managing department diaries and day books, sending appointments by mail, maintenance of monthly recall systems, filing and pulling of patient records, maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence.
- Participate in audit procedures under the direction of appropriate clinicians.
Prestige Dental Care are looking for the successful apprentice to start immediately. This vacancy will close as soon as the successful apprentice has been chosen.
Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent.
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
REGISTER YOUR CV