Dental Nursing Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
We are a modern, diverse dental company offering a wide range of dental and beauty treatments. Our state-of-the-art surgeries are equipped to the highest standard allowing us to provide top quality care for all our patients.Our welcoming, highly qualified dental team offers patients from Clapham, Oakley, Bromham, Kempston, Bedford and beyond everything from essential dental examinations to extensive consultations regarding a wide range of dental and cosmetic treatments.
We are a modern, diverse dental company looking to recruit an Apprentice Dental Nurse. Within the role you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease.
- Follow the practice procedures for infection prevention and control
- Adhere to rules and guidelines outlined in the HTM 01-05
- Set-up and prepare the treatment room appropriately for each patient
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments, making sure that equipment and instruments are in good working order and maintained regularly in accordance with practice policy
- Segregate waste in accordance with the practice procedures and ensure its safe disposal
- Assist in taking radiographs according to your level of training
- Process, mount and file dental radiographs
- Maintain and decontaminate equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and your training
- Liaise with reception over appointments for each patient
- Escort patients from the waiting room to the surgery, confirm the patient’s medical history is up-to-date and communicate to the dentist any change in medical history or problems that he/she has noted
- Provide chair side support to the dentist during treatment
- Prepare dental materials as required
- Monitor, support and reassure patients
- Maths and English GCSE A-C or equivalent
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
REGISTER YOUR CV