Digital and Large Format Operator Apprenticeship – Bristol (BS3) – 16757
This listing has expired
Out of Hand was started in 1994 in a spare room, packing flyers and driving hundreds of miles in the early hours every weekend to hand them out to clubbers as they left the regions clubs. This has grown from the original flyer packs to a full-blown essential street lifestyle music guide magazine that has firmly cemented itself in the hearts and minds of the region.
The present Managing Director, Will, was one of the first employees to join up – packing the flyers and ensuring they all got to the correct clubs on time.
Now we have a cutting edge graphic design service, a publishing department, a nationwide distribution network and an extremely economic in-house digital and litho printing service. We design and print corporate identities, brochures and other promotional materials, including printing some 30+ million flyers a year! With three offices in Bristol, Plymouth and Edinburgh, we also write, design, print and distribute tens of thousands of copies of 247 Magazine – our regionally focused street culture, style, art and listings magazine, alongside distributing at least six million flyers a year. Phew!
Job overview / purpose:
The main task will be to assist with the large format, digital print and special format production under the production supervisor.
You will learn and develop your skills on the large format and digital press including the guillotine and other finishing equipment. You will ensure best working practices are used and that all time constraints are met.
Excellent organizational skills and competent PC skills are also required for running the digital print software, administrational tasks and customer service duties. Ensuring that customers are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner, and that orders progress through the company efficiently following company procedures.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Assist with all digital, large and special format print production
- Assist with the stock control system for all paper products, consumables and disposable products
- Handle telephone enquirers to the large and digital format department, establishing needs and taking and relaying full and correct messages when necessary
- Alert appropriate staff upon arrival of any deliveries
- Deliver service excellence through timely response to customer enquiries generated through telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries
- Communicating effectively the features and benefits of the products and services offered
- Keeping abreast of all existing and new products lines and special offers
- Act as an ambassador of Out of Hand Ltd positively promoting the company to all outside parties including cross selling / introducing other product lines at appropriate points of contact in and out of the office
- Participate in the generation of ideas to the benefit of Out of Hand
- Any other reasonable task required to ensure the success of Out of Hand Ltd
- Work in a professional and efficient manner at all times
- Ensure accurate timekeeping
- Comply with all health and safety requirements, in particular manual lifting regulations
- Observe all applicable legal requirements
- Be courteous and helpful to all clients and other members of staff
- Always represent out of Hand in a positive Manner
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£4.50- £6.00 per hour, depending on your experience
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Tickets to attend festivals and gigs
- 28 days including bank holidays
- Closed over the Christmas period
- Potential to progress with the company into a full time position and further training
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV