Digital Marketing Apprentice Level 3 – Shropshire (SY4) – 16351
This listing has expired
Field Studies Council, FSC, is an environmental education charity providing informative and enjoyable opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to discover, explore, and understand the environment.
FSC believes that the more we understand about and take inspiration from the world around us, the more we can appreciate its needs and protect its diversity and beauty for future generations.
We use the environment to inspire, taking in its sights, sounds and smells. This has the ability to motivate, deepen knowledge and broaden horizons.
From the way we treat our customers, our staff, the environments we work in and the feel of our locations, FSC demonstrates a personal approach with great care taken in everything we do.
Job overview / purpose
Field Studies Council are offering an excellent opportunity for somebody wishing to gain valuable experience of marketing techniques in order to develop a career in this area.
The successful candidate will spend, on average, three days a week within a small but busy marketing department getting hands-on experience in the areas that are of most interest to them, such as PR, copywriting, advertising, website development and search engine optimisation.
The remaining two days will be spent in our communications department, seeing and responding to the results of FSC’s marketing efforts and gaining important customer service skills.
In addition, the successful candidate will gain a CIM Level 4 Award in Digital Marketing and be given one-to-one training on the recruitment process to better enable them to find a permanent position after the completion of the apprenticeship.
You’ll gain valuable experience in marketing and general office activities by working closely within the marketing and communication teams.
You’ll be participating in selected marketing activities to improve your knowledge and experience of marketing techniques.
The duties will be tailored to the successful candidate, but could include:
- Attending photography or video shoots
- Writing and sending press-releases
- Reviewing the FSC website by gathering feedback on it
- Working with designers to produce marketing literature
- Developing content for social media
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of their work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£138.75 per week
- The atmosphere of the organisation is informal; it is much less of a culture shock than going from education to very formal companies
- The size of the charity enables apprentices to get involved in marketing projects that smaller organisations are not able to perform or not able to perform in as much depth
- Apprentices are treated as valuable members of the team; they are not here to perform menial tasks
Other benefits include
- 28 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programme
- Health cash plan
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV