Digital Marketing & PR Apprentice – York (YO10) – 16203
This listing has expired
Our vision is to achieve a world-leading STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education for all young people across the UK.
STEM Learning is the largest provider of support in the UK for STEM teaching and learning, through provision of continuing professional development, resources, STEM Ambassadors, online communities and other support, in partnership with a wide range of organisations and individuals. STEM Learning works with teachers, employers and volunteers to inspire and enthuse young people about STEM.
Job overview / purpose
We have an exciting opportunity for a new PR and Digital Marketing Trainee to join our pro-active and professional communications team at STEM Learning.
We are seeking an apprentice with a positive and enthusiastic approach to their work and who has the highest of standards, with excellent attention to detail.
The role requires a flexible and resourceful person who will be prepared to assist as necessary in all areas of communications and marketing.
Your use of initiative and interpersonal skills will be key to ensure the delivery of a high quality communications service to internal and external stakeholders.
The main purpose of this position is to assist the communications department in delivering an effective programme of communications and marketing activities for the programmes delivered by STEM Learning.
The role enables the post holder to gain excellent hands-on experience in all areas of marketing and communications with a particular focus on PR (public relations) and digital marketing. This will equip them with a broad range of experience and all the practical skills needed for a career in any aspect of marketing.
Extensive on-the-job training will be provided to the jobholder, including internal and external professional development relevant to the role. This will include supporting the successful candidate through a digital marketing apprenticeship.
Under the guidance of the Digital Communications Coordinator, the post holder will assist with:
- Daily media scan, press and online – including twitter trends – pro actively looking for PR and media opportunities
- Social media support across all programmes – providing a quick response to social media opportunities
- Updating and managing the company’s blog and online news items
- Support management of events, including digital communications and PR support around these events
- Gathering information, quotes and case studies to support PR activities
- Writing and distributing press releases based on templates and developing new templates as appropriate
- Compiling PR and media round-ups for internal use and for Board Reports where needed
- Ensuring partner websites include links, up to date information about our programmes
- Monitor and refresh online assets, e.g., up to date photographs, ensuring that web links are working, web page content updates
- Engage in learning and development activities appropriate to the skills and competences required to fulfil the position
- Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Digital Communications Coordinator
- An appreciation of STEM education and a commitment to the vision and mission of STEM Learning
- An appreciation of marketing and PR through proven school, college or work experience exposure
- Experience of using social media platforms – for example: Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- A mature, positive and enthusiastic manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while working to deadlines and managing a varied workload
- Ability to work on your own using your initiative and within a large supportive team environment
- The role holder will be required to undertake UK travel and occasional overnight stays
- Flexibility of working hours will be required to meet the demands of the role at key times
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- Strong English and Mathematics skills as demonstrated through your qualifications
9am – 5:30pm,
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£8000 – £15,000 per annum
- 30 days holiday + statutory holidays
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV