This listing has expired
Every second a plane takes off with our client’s equipment on board, from space exploration and defence to today’s more electric, more intelligent more integrated aircraft; our clients systems make modern flight possible.
Our client serves commercial and military aerospace and defence customers around the world and the company employs approximately 41,000 people across 150 countries, working at the forefront of technological innovation. It operates eight business units ranging from mechanical components to electronics. Our clients work on the most ground-breaking and technologically advanced aviation and space programs.
We are looking for a talented individual to undertake a Degree Apprenticeship within our clients Digital Technology team.
You will have the opportunity to build a deep knowledge of business imperatives and operational issues, as well as the opportunity to fully participate in the business.
The DT function is a site-based team who work closely with all areas to deliver Digital Transformation for the business and support for existing applications.
The challenges start on day one, as you share responsibility for major business decisions. Our client is proud of their long-standing tradition of developing talent, and investing great energy in developing top class professionals who can operate effectively across their diverse workforce.
Upon joining the team, your typical responsibilities might include:
- Digital Strategy – working with leaders and specialists from around the business as we develop and execute our Digital Strategy
- Digital Transformation – you will take an active role in the implementation of various projects in support of the Digital Strategy as we transform our business into a smart factory
- Automation of transactions
- Automation of data collection
- Robotic interfaces
- Automation of reporting
- Intelligent business models
- DT cost management – working with the business to secure cost reduction opportunities and to get best value for our expenditure
- System Support – providing systems support for some of our key applications (SAP, Solumina, CIMCO, Teamcenter)
The successful candidate will be:
- Self-motivated with a can do, find a way attitude
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work
- Able to build strong relationships and be a team player
- Creative, show initiative, have integrity, display diplomacy and self confidence
- An excellent communicator, demonstrating strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ideally able to demonstrate some form of programming or web design skills
- A UK driving license holder (Travel will be required for training and to other UTC sites.)
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Digital Technology Placement with UTC, we would love to hear from you.
- A Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or a Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
Monday to Friday, (37 hours a week)
£18,000 – £21,000 annual salary
Benefits / Future Prospects
- Flexible working may be available and can be discussed at interview
- 25 days annual leave
- Access to UTC scholarship programme after 12 months of employment
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”