Digital Technology Solutions Apprentice – Didcot (OX11) – 15769
This listing has expired
We make sure that our digital IT capabilities and expertise are applied cost-effectively and imaginatively. Our work areas are: network operations, security, trust and identity, cloud and brokerage services, data centres and co-location, international engagement strategy, video services and e-infrastructure.
Jisc operates the national research and education network for the UK. Serving over 18 million users, the Janet Network provides UK research and education with a highly reliable and secure world-class network, enabling national and international communication and collaboration over its 8,500 km of optical fibre.
We specialise in network operations, cyber security, trust and identity, cloud and brokerage services, data centres and co-location, international engagement strategy and e-infrastructure.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
We want Jisc to be a great place to work. A place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun – how we work is a vital part of that.
Our values are our guiding principles. They define how we work and help us to do what we do so well. Our values are:
Pride: We have pride in what we do but aren’t arrogant or complacent
Passion: Our passion drives everything we do
Pace: We deliver at the right pace to meet the needs of our members and each other
Trust: You can trust us to deliver on our promises
Teamwork: We are one team and teamwork makes us better
Please apply for this role via the below link:
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday 20th July.
We will be holding assessment centres on the 26th and 27th July in Bristol. You must be available for one of these dates to be considered for the role.
This role will bring an opportunity to really progress in a company who is willing to offer you a position after you complete or do a higher apprenticeship.
Do you want to join an exciting, fast paced, and busy IT team? Then you’re only a few steps away, as this apprenticeship will equip you with the appropriate skills and knowledge you require to begin your career in IT.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in multiple IT and related disciplines including:
Infrastructure – working in the cloud and networks
IT Service Management – keeping our IT users happy
Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence – using data to tell our success stories
Information Management – looking after our data and making it available at all times
Information Security – protection our business from cyber attacks
Business Systems – giving the business the tools it needs to succeed
Project Delivery & Quality Management – learning the craft of delivering successful projects
Through a combination of online, classroom and on-the-job learning, you will obtain a degree level qualification whilst gaining real work experience. This will include first class training and support for both day-to-day work and university learning; an advantage not available at university. This apprenticeship will give you a great opportunity to earn while you learn with a salary and company benefits.
As learning allows, you will:
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of Jisc’s cloud services and infrastructure
- Participate in the support of the user community providing direct IT support across the GI service catalogue of products and services
- Develop an understanding of ITIL and its role in effective IT Management – provide direct input into the development of ITIL recognised processes
- Develop an understanding of Information Security concepts and provide support to the organisation in vulnerability assessment, security audits and certification to ISO27001
- Develop an understanding of Enterprise Information Management and its role data governance within Jisc.
- Provide support to the team in managing the flow and quality of information held and processed by Jisc
- Understand the concepts of data warehousing and business intelligence
- Contribute via building skills in database management, ETL capabilities and data visualisation via reporting tools
- Provide support around the development of business systems such as CRM, helpdesk and event management tools – help to implement the productivity gains and insight that such systems bring to the organisation
- Develop basic business analyst and project management skills – acting as a project support officer on key Jisc IT projects. Working with our quality team to embed ISO9001 across key business processes within Jisc
- Develop good analytical skills to assess performance, identify requirements and provide possible solutions to on-going issues or new customer needs
- Assist in the preparation of performance reports as required by management and customers
- Assist in the support and implementation of IT facilities, including the production of software tools and scripts to aid in the execution of team tasks
To be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Team work –be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Problem solving –be able to identify and solve problems
- Creativity – be able to generate original and innovative ideas to provide imaginative perspectives
- Flexibility – able to adopt a different style or approach to achieve a goal
- Initiative – actively able to spot opportunities and act on them
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes, the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, (35 hours a week)
£19,000 per annum
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
Please apply for this role via the below link:
REGISTER YOUR CV