2020 Ireland Graduate Civil & Structural Scheme 41413BR
This listing has expired
2020 Ireland Graduate Civil & Structural Scheme
Cork and Dubin
What will you be getting up to?
Now more than ever, our environment and communities need to be made more resilient in the face of climate change. Working on every facet of development, our civil engineers aim to solve this by offering the opportunity to create better cities, reduce poverty and improve health.
Working alongside our experts, you will play a part in safeguarding natural resources. Using sustainability as a focus, you will be creating economic and social growth for generations to come.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Building Structures – You will play a big part in designing structures which improve local communities within a variety of sectors including buildings, bridges, water, and energy. Using BIM technology, you can work alongside our experts who have provided sustainable design solutions for a variety of high-profile projects. You will be responsible for a range of elements from, initial planning stage through to full detailed design and supervision on site. Our multi-disciplinary teams design infrastructure which help to support the essential requirements of everyday life, including transportation systems, industry, energy, and water.
- Highways / Transportation – You will be joining a team with over 100 years of experience working in the transport sector. We are market leaders in Ireland for the design of bridges, roads, drainage, railways and light rail.
- Water – Join this team of water experts and you’ll work with a number of large water utility groups creating hydraulic models, and designing water supply and wastewater networks, drainage and flood barriers. We also have teams who specialise in asset management, dams & reservoirs, pipelines & networks, wastewater and water treatment so do make sure to select those requirements if you have a specific interest.
Where you’ll be based
We have opportunities in our Cork and Dublin offices
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for civil and or structural engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Engineering Science specialising in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water and Environmental Engineering
- When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture;
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you will receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll also support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as;
- Engineers Ireland (MIEI)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- The Institution of Engineers Ireland (IEI)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- Income Protection and Life Assurance: all of our employees will be covered under these policies.
- Professional Subscription: In order to support your professional development and in recognition of the importance of nourishing your development, we will cover the cost of an annual professional subscription with a recognised professional institution.
- General Incentive Schemes: We like to recognise the hard work and commitment which our graduates give to the company so we will recognise this through our annual incentive schemes.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have the opportunity to avail opt into our taxsaver travel scheme and cycle to work schemes! Members of our social clubs avail of discounted opportunities to attend a multitude of activities throughout the year!
REGISTER YOUR CV