2020 Ireland Graduate Electrical Scheme
2020 Ireland Graduate Electrical Scheme 41414BR
2020 Ireland Graduate Electrical Scheme
Cork & Dublin
What will you be getting up to?
Our graduate electrical engineers work in world class teams to design and deliver sustainable solutions. Our work spans a variety of sectors including building services, power, transportation, telecoms, and water.
As the digital revolution is applied to the provision of essential services, electrical engineering will play a central role in creating smart infrastructure, helping to deliver better and quicker performance.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Power: You’ll have the chance to work on large scale projects alongside our teams. From protection devices and renewable power sources to power transmission and distribution technologies – you’ll have a real variety when it comes to working on power transmission projects at various lifecycle stages from feasibility to planning and detailed design including substations, overhead lines and underground cable systems. You will be involved in the delivery of system studies using leading edge software tools to virtually model our client’s networks and the impact of proposed designs. We have opportunities in the following location: Dublin
- Transport systems: You’ll have the chance to work on large scale projects locally and internationally. From advanced tramways and metro systems, through ports and airports, to bus, cycle and public plazas, you will have the opportunity to develop smart infrastructure solutions and leave a lasting impact. You will work with power, telecoms, control, environmental and information systems to bring high quality transport systems to life. With over 50 years of experience delivering robust and innovative technology services, our experts work closely with public and private sector clients worldwide. We have opportunities in the following location: Dublin
- Built Environment: Buildings are central to the overall future development of the built environment to enable the challenge of ever-increasing social need in a time of decreasing resources and essential need to reduce carbon emissions. In order to deliver on this, we will need to show leadership in technology, in both design and construction process, in collaborative working both across the Group and with our project partners, and in using our ingenuity, both in our own disciplines and in integrated thinking. The Mott MacDonald Built environment community is at the heart of this endeavour, join in and make a difference. We have opportunities in the following location: Cork
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for electrical engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:2 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
• Electrical engineering
• Building services engineering specialising in electrical engineering
• Architectural engineering
• Engineering science specialising in electrical
• Power systems engineering
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture;
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as:
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- Income Protection and Life Assurance: all of our employees will be covered under these policies.
- Professional Subscription: In order to support your professional development and in recognition of the importance of nourishing your development, we will cover the cost of an annual professional subscription with a recognised professional institution.
- General Incentive Schemes: We like to recognise the hard work and commitment which our graduates give to the company so we will recognise this through our annual incentive schemes.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have the opportunity to avail opt into our taxsaver travel scheme and cycle to work schemes! Members of our social clubs avail of discounted opportunities to attend a multitude of activities throughout the year!