Engineering – Research & Technology – Structures Graduate 10373861
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
To achieve the experience objective the intern will have involvement in the following tasks; composite/metallic structure analysis
& design for wing primary (and secondary) structure.
The intern will be involved with a variety of composite/metallic technologies related to wing specific components; targeting low
cost, low weight, high performance structure.
– Use of industry standard and Airbus specific stress and design tools
– Carry out feasibility studies on new wing concepts/components
– Use of FE modelling and analysis for optimum design
– Structural analysis of new composite/metallic wing designs/components
– Design of physical tests and subsequent analysis
– Arrange and manage the work exchange students who visit the department
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement working towards a degree in one of the following;
Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
– Good communicator and team player
– Engineering knowledge
– Aircraft knowledge
– PC skills
– Knowledge/Useage of Computer Aided Design packages are and advantage but not essential
– Knowledge/Useage of Structural Analysis packages are and advantage but not essential
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV