Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
Engineering Technician Apprenticeship 31000
About this opportunity
Capita Infrastructure Projects Division has an exciting career opportunity for a Trainee Engineering Technician looking to progress their career within a dynamic and developing team.
A normal day would include:
The role will initially encompass assistance and co-ordination of clerical duties associated with projects during which you will be afforded the opportunity to develop your skills in the use of AutoCAD, eventually progressing to the position of Engineering Technician.
Initial Responsibilities Include
• Researching equipment orders
• Assisting with site surveys
• Assisting with site survey arrangements
• Statutory Utility Services Enquiries
• Producing AutoCAD drawings
• Updating and managing progress reports
• Ordering Supplies and monitoring Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Filing
• Photocopying Document
• Scanning Producing/Binding
• Reports Archiving
• Raising purchase orders
What you could go on to do:
Level 3 in a specific trade or trainee management apprenticeship
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE grade 4 / C or above in Maths, English and Science essential.
Qualification in Design Technology or ICT desirable.
• Organised and analytical
• Good understanding of basic maths
• At all times be pleasant, professional and proficient
• Able to work confidently and safely at heights
• Able to act on the instructions from a supervisor and work well alone or as members of a team
• Good communication skills
• Ability to travel to the depot and places of work
Computer literacy is a requirement with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook desirable (but not essential).
REGISTER YOUR CV