External Communication Assistant
This listing has expired
Are you a natural born influencer? Can you be the oracle of external communications for Metro Bank? Will you help us to continue building our brand to create more fans? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the External Communication Assistant, you will be working on amazing communications sent to all of our customers. You will work closely with external partners, such as journalist, as well as being the first point of contact for all key business areas across the bank. In this role you will sit in the amazing communications team and play a pivotal in bringing our brand to customers.
So what would you be doing?…
• Writing press releases related to our amazing products and new store openings
• Managing the store openings, media relations programme, pitching stories to the regional press and managing media opportunities
• Analysing and collating media coverage so we can measure our successes
• Looking after calendars and planning events for the team, to make sure everyone is really organised all the time
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Some experience as an External Communications Assistant
• You will have an Interest in financial services and challenger brands
• To be amazing in this role, you need to be a fantastic multitasker
• It’s really important that you have an understanding of PR concepts and practices, and feel comfortable speaking to journalists
• You will have excellent written and verbal communication to support with note taking and press releases
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
REGISTER YOUR CV