Finance Apprentice – Accounting AAT
This listing has expired
We’re on the hunt for an excellent candidate to work in Teach First’s Finance team to become a rounded Finance professional. You will be in the Financial Accounting and Transactions Team where you will gain experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Financial Accounting work. You will undertake a Level 3 AAT initially and on satisfactory completion and assessment of performance, there is the opportunity to progress to the Level 4.
As part of your apprenticeship with WhiteHat, you will be working full time in an exciting workplace. Here’s a bit about the company offering this vacancy.
About Teach First
Teach First are an education charity working with like-minded partners towards a day where no child’s educational success is limited by their socio-economic background.
- Equality through education.
- Empowering people to make education fair.
Located near: North Greenwich station, London.
The Finance department’s role is to ensure that all aspects of Teach First and its subsidiaries’ finances operate efficiently and in accordance with established internal control procedures and external regulations. The department helps the organisation to budget and forecast, and provides analysis, insight, influence and challenge, to enhance the quality of business decision-making and to drive improved performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing purchase invoices and expenses on the finance system to ensure that suppliers and staff are paid in a timely manner.
- Checking that invoices and expenses have been appropriately approved and are in line with Charity policy.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Assisting with accounts receivable, raising invoices on the finance system and communicating with customers on queries and debt collection.
- Filing and administration of accounts payable and accounts receivable correspondence.
- Supporting the Financial Accountant in completing month end processing and balance sheet reconciliations.
Working 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Mon-Fri.
Salary is £15,268 per year plus £3,000 London weighting allowance (London weighting is an allowance paid to certain civil servants, teachers, airline employees, PhD students, police and security officers in and around London, the capital of the United Kingdom).
- B grade at Maths GCSE.
- Three GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including English.
- Experience of performing customer facing or administrative work in a paid or voluntary role.
- A desire and willingness to learn new skills.
REGISTER YOUR CV