Finance Internship – Controlling (Filton Plant) Graduate 10372834
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Start Date: June/July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
We are looking for a Finance Intern to join the Filton Plant Financial Controlling team.
For the Financial Controlling role, key activities will include:
– Support financial control of Filton plant, including monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
– Through company cost control initiatives, track savings and progress of all projects (attend
project meetings, update progress reports, track total).
– Assist in the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) within the operational arena including hours per aircraft set
and hourly rate analysis.
– Support preparation of monthly reports to heads of function within A400M operations.
– Provide controlling support as part of the annual target setting process and remain-to-do forecasting exercises.
– Collect and manage investment initiatives in collaboration with function heads.
– Support and develop understanding of EVM (Earned Value Management) within operations arena.
– To gain accounting and controlling experience within the business’ Finance function and experience of the Cost Accounting
and Financial Control processes operated by a transnational integrated organisation.
– Development of the interpersonal skills required to work effectively within a transnational team that supports all areas of the
– To gain knowledge of how ERP (Enterprise resource planning) systems are used in the management of a complex industrial
– Develop a good understanding and experience within operational arena, including understanding of investment appraisal and
KPI’s within an operations environment.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
You must have completed a minimum of 2 years in a Business, Accountancy or Finance related degree.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
– Computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Access & PowerPoint)
– Good team working and interpersonal skills
– Good communication skills; verbal and written
– Ability to work on your own initiative
– Desire to work in an Accounting and Finance role in industry
– Strong academic background – ideally grade C or above in A-levels
– Some work experience in Finance capacity preferable although not essential
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV