Finance Internship – Cost Accounting Graduate 10372953
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Start Date: June 2018
Duration: 12.5 Months
Key activities include:
Development and maintenance of Cost Accounting processes, using SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and reporting
tools for accurate reporting of Airbus UK internal company costs.
Provision of support and management reporting information to financial and operational users of Cost Accounting information.
Support to Hourly Rate Management process and analysis of absorption differences.
Assistance in providing financial support to the general procurement tool, ensuring costs are recorded accurately and correct
financial approval workflow is in place.
Assistance in financial month-end process through:
– Completion of monthly accounting close tasks (journals and accruals) and preparation of information for submission into
Corporate Reporting Systems.
– Reconciling balance sheet accounts
– Survey returns
– Reconciling UK financial records to central reporting
– Monthly allocation of levies to aircraft
Participation in lean activities to continually review and improve accounting processes across the Finance community and to
share knowledge of accounting processes with the business.
Engagement in team building activities, assisting in Charity Challenge and helping to organise team events as required.
– To gain accounting and controlling experience within the business’ Finance function, and experience of the Cost Accounting
and Financial Control processes operated by a transnational integrated organisation.
– Development of interpersonal skills required to work effectively within a transnational team that supports all areas of the
– To gain knowledge of how ERP Systems are used in the management of complex industrial organisation.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards an Accountancy or Finance related
degree (must have completed a minimum of 2 years).
– Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals
– Good understanding of MS Office packages, particularly Excel
– Some work experience in a Finance capacity
– Desire to work in an Accounting and Finance role in industry
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any
information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV