First Line IT Support Apprentice
This listing has expired
Enhanced Operating Systems Ltd has been trading since 1996 by developing and supporting a variety of software solutions for the relocation industry.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an IT Systems Support Apprentice to join our Systems Support team based in Gerrards Cross.
The purpose of this role is to be a part of the Systems Support Team and to resolve issues relating to our client’s systems.
This is an exciting time to become part of our family-orientated Company. Our people’s passion, commitment and loyalty ensure our business success.
This role will offer the right person a great opportunity to develop within a successful business.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Taking first line support enquiries in as much detail as possible by voice or email and logging into in-house call logging system
- Assigning and managing support requests with other team members and communicating process and progress with client
- Following up with client and other team members regarding the issue progress
- Searching internal knowledgebase and where possible running through documented process to fix issue directly
- Detailing and documentation of issue resolution from other team members and communicating with the client
- Setting up remote support connections with client to apply fix or pass onto 2nd line support
- Training will be provided on the applications we develop and over time it is expected that you will be able to deal with support requests directly without involving other team members
Desirable skills and experience:
Training will be provided, however having experience with the following would prove beneficial to the role:
- Experience on providing technical support on desktop systems and applications
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills as your audience will be both non-technical and technical professionals
- Experience of desktop operating systems Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office
- Good general IT skills and problem solving
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who enjoys working within a busy and demanding role.
- You will have a personable approach together with being highly articulate in all aspects of communications, with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels within the business and clients.
- As well as having a flexible and proactive approach, you must also have good problem solving skills and able to work well under pressure.
- You must also be able to demonstrate your passion for IT through your up to date and relevant systems knowledge.
5 GCSE’s at A*-C grade, including Maths and English.
Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 5:30pm (37.5hours per week)
Potential career progression available if you successfully complete the apprenticeship programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV