Fitness & Leisure Apprentice
This listing has expired
As well as operating around the Leisure Centre, you will also be responsible for supervising in and around the gym to gain experience of all aspects of the centre!
REPORTS TO: Business or Assistant Manager
To work as one of a Team of employees and volunteers to ensure the safe and efficient day to day operation of the Centre through effective use of resources and compliance with operational procedures.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To ensure the safe preparation and control of all facilities, e.g. changing rooms, swimming pools, and the erection of sports and other ancillary equipment.
2. To record pool water and other environmental conditions in accordance with procedures, e.g. test pool water, temperature control, at instruction of immediate Supervisor.
3. Safety and control of customers in accordance with the ‘Code of Conduct’ and other relevant guidelines, polices and procedures as provided, to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities in wet and dry areas.
4. To undertake general cleaning duties in accordance with the Centre’s cleaning schedule and ensure that the standards of cleanliness are achieved and maintained.
5. To positively promote the image of the organisation and provide a welcoming and friendly environment for customers.
6. To work at all time in a manner that will ensure their own personal safety and that of others, ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety standards, i.e COSHH, Risk Assessments and reporting of identified hazards.
7. To utilise cleaning materials and resources and carry out the cleaning duties in the most effective, efficient and economic manner available.
8. To give assistance to customers seeking advice and information.
9. To assist customers and ensure that complaints (e.g. accidents, damage, etc.) and/or suggestions are referred to supervision in accordance with the procedures.
10. To ensure all lost property is delivered to a collection point and properly recorded and secured.
11. To give assistance with general labouring and portering duties and to ensure that standards of security, stock and equipment are maintained.
12. To assist with plant duties as and when required.
13. Demonstrating activities for members to follow and showing members how to use exercise machines and free weights correctly
14. Creating personal exercise plans for members
15. Assist within the gym with Fitness assessments, consultations and introduction sessions for new members
The above requirements of the job/role are intended as a basic outline. There will be other tasks related to ensuring customer satisfaction, care and safety, and the Sport and Leisure Trainee/Apprentice will be expected to adopt a flexible and helpful approach.
The Apprentice will be required to undertake training in Level 1 Swimming Teaching award. The Apprentice will be mentored by qualified Pelican Staff. Courses, qualifications will be funded by the Pelican Centre. The Apprentice will also work towards achieving a Level 2 Technical Certificate in Fitness Instructing
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £105.00
Application Deadline: 08-01-2018
Possible Start Date : 15-01-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV