Food and Beverage Apprentice – Generous George – The Tunny Catch VAC-35732
This listing has expired
As an apprentice for our Generous George pubs, it’s all about people. If you have a generous spirit want to start a career where you put people at the heart of everything you do then this apprenticeship is for you….
With your customers – you’ll be someone who is willing to go above and beyond to give each customer a great experience. You’ll be friendly and sociable and promote a friendly atmosphere, making sure that you being thoughtful and responsive to exceed our customer’s expectations -it’s our personality that makes the difference.
With your colleagues – you’ll need to be a genuine team player. Your colleagues will know they can rely on you, and you’ll be a good communicator
With your standards – you’ll ensure great standards of cleanliness and that legal requirements are adhered to, and only serve top quality food and drinks to our customers
To sell and serve the full range of Company food and drinks to Company standards whilst maintaining a high level of customer care and promoting a friendly atmosphere at all times.
• To maintain a high level of customer care at all times.
• To sell and serve all food and drinks to Company standards.
• To follow Company procedures in respect of cash handling as detailed in the Retail Staff Handbook.
• Ensure at all times that legal requirements are strictly adhered to e.g. Licensing Laws, Trade Descriptions Act, Weights and Measures Act, Food Hygiene (general) Regulations, Food Safety Act, Health & Safety at Work Act, C.O.S.H.H. Regulations, Fire Regulations, Gaming Acts plus any others that may affect the business.
• Deal with customer complaints in order to achieve a satisfactory outcome, as per the Company policy. A member of the management team must be informed of all complaints made.
• To be aware of both the location and use of fire fighting and first aid equipment.
• To work within all Company Rules and achieve at all times standards required as laid down in this Handbook and in the House Rules.
• To maximise the full sales potential of the bar and restaurant and ensure that standards are maintained at all times
• Ensure the security of the house at all times.
• To present the customer’s bill and ensure the correct payment is received for all goods served.
• Ensure all goods served are presented on the customer’s bill.
• To carry out any other reasonable requests by the Management Team.
The Apprenticeships last for a minimum of 12-15 months and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice with Marston’s, you will gain a nationally recognised standard, giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Manager and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Upon completion of the Marston’s Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Marston’s career path.
The Benefits and Rewards:
As you’d expect from a name like Marston’s the rewards and benefits are competitive to say the least, but perhaps more importantly there’s ample scope and opportunity to make your mark, plus the genuine prospect of running your own pub sooner rather than later. For starters we can offer:
• A competitive hourly salary
• Your birthday off!
• The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
• Ability to develop through our Keyholder, Chef Development and Deputy Manager Programmes
• 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) and 30% discount at work
• Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension and save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
• Marston’s Rewards online discount scheme
• Long service awards
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 hours per week
Weekly Wage : £126.00
Application Deadline: 29-06-2018
Possible Start Date : 06-07-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV