Food and Beverage Apprentice – High Orchard
Food and Beverage Apprentice – High Orchard VAC-38778
To sell and serve the full range of Company food and drinks to Company standards whilst maintaining a high level of customer care and promoting a friendly atmosphere at all times.
• To maintain a high level of customer care at all times.
• To sell and serve all food and drinks to Company standards.
• To follow Company procedures in respect of cash handling as detailed in the Retail Staff Handbook.
• Ensure at all times that legal requirements are strictly adhered to e.g. Licensing Laws, Trade Descriptions Act, Weights and Measures Act, Food Hygiene (general) Regulations, Food Safety Act, Health & Safety at Work Act, C.O.S.H.H. Regulations, Fire Regulations, Gaming Acts plus any others that may affect the business.
• Deal with customer complaints in order to achieve a satisfactory outcome, as per the Company policy. A member of the management team must be informed of all complaints made.
• To be aware of both the location and use of fire fighting and first aid equipment.
• To work within all Company Rules and achieve at all times standards required as laid down in this Handbook and in the House Rules.
• To maximise the full sales potential of the bar and restaurant and ensure that standards are maintained at all times
• Ensure the security of the house at all times.
• To present the customer’s bill and ensure the correct payment is received for all goods served.
• Ensure all goods served are presented on the customer’s bill.
• To carry out any other reasonable requests by the Management Team.
• Clean and tidy all service areas including all display materials and equipment.
• Ensure all bar requisites are available at all times for the use of the customers, e.g. ice, lemons etc
• Ensure the bar has sufficient stocks for the anticipated trade.
• Ensure all cruets and accompaniments are kept clean, filled and well stocked throughout the session.
• Ensure all dumbwaiters and other areas of the restaurants are kept clean, tidy and well stocked at all times as per brands manual specification.
• Ensure that the customers are satisfied with their meals, completing a customer care check.
• To clear all dirty plates and glasses as soon as possible after the customers have finished and re-lay all tables as per company standards as necessary.
• Ensuring all menu items and specials are prepared, cooked and presented to company specification
• Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum
• Receiving and checking food deliveries
• Assisting the Head Chef with orders, stock taking, food hygiene, training and development of the team
• Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained and is working correctly
• Maximising the full sales potential of the restaurant and ensuring high standards are maintained
We are looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals with a desire to develop and succeed. You will be required to deliver a high standard of customer service. Able to work under pressure, you must also be able to resolve any customer complaints to achieve a satisfactory outcome. You’ll also ensure high standards of cleanliness whilst ensuring at all times that legal requirements are strictly adhered to. You must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
The Apprenticeships last for a minimum of 12-15 months and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice with Marston’s, you will gain a nationally recognised Standard, giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Manager and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Upon completion of the Marston’s Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Marston’s career path.
The Benefits and Rewards
As you’d expect from a name like Marston’s the rewards and benefits are competitive to say the least, but perhaps more importantly there’s ample scope and opportunity to make your mark, plus the genuine prospect of running your own pub sooner rather than later. For starters we can offer:
• A competitive hourly salary
• The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
• 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) and 30% discount at work
• Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension and save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
Marston’s PLC is a leading independent pub retailing and brewing business. We are a truly national operator with over 1,700 pubs and five regional breweries situated throughout the UK. We are also the market leader in the development of new pub restaurants having invested over £140 million within the last five years to build over 100 new outlets! And that’s not all… we’ve also continued to invest heavily in our existing pubs, undertaking major refurbishments and evolving our brands and we plan to open an additional 30 new sites each year.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 hours per week – Shifts
Weekly Wage : £177.00
Application Deadline: 10-10-2018
Possible Start Date : 17-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV