Food & Beverage Apprentice
This listing has expired
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an independent gastropub just outside of Brighton, in Southwick.
1. The Venue
The Schooner is 4 miles outside of Brighton, in Southwick overlooking the beautiful boats at Lady Bee marina. We are a stylish gastro pub that offers fantastic beers, wines, cocktails & delicious food
2. Transport links
1 minute walk to train station, regular bus services and free parking available.
3. Roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for greeting customers, taking food orders, serving food to tables, clearing tables, setting up for bookings and generally ensuring that our customers have a fantastic experience.
4. Duties include:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Assist customers regarding all menu items in an informative and helpful way
• Be knowledgeable of menus and promotions.
• Accept customer payment, process credit card charges and make change (if required).
• Receive and serve food orders to diners.
• Clear down tables in bar area and ensure tables are reset as required.
• Report any problems directly to the Manager.
• Ad hoc duties as assigned by the manager
• Professional, friendly and customer focused
• Excellent communication skills
• Numerate and financially aware
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends, bank holidays including Christmas day.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week
Weekly Wage : £105.00
Application Deadline: 06-03-2018
Possible Start Date : 13-03-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV