Food & Beverage Hospitality Apprentice VAC-41832
This listing has expired
We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who is eager to learn and in return you will receive on job training, support and development which will allow you to progress in our group.
You will be part of a fun and diverse team working together to provide great hospitality and excellent service in the restaurant, bar, room service and conference departments. Our high standards allow us to make our guests have a ‘Stay Happy’ experience.
The Role –
• To serve food and drinks at the correct standard and following company procedures.
• To provide excellent customer service such as advice on menu items, wait times and/or allergy information.
• To be visible in the hotel to ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to in a timely manner and in accordance to company standards.
• Improve the guest experience through up-selling, using incentives and promotions to inform them of Food & Beverage options.
• To keep all areas clean and tidy at all times following company standards and processes.
• To manage and own guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
• Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out correctly.
• To participate and get involved in training to ensure that you are skilled in your role and to maximise your potential
Apprenticeship Programme Benefits –
• Work a minimum of 30 hours whilst earning the national minimum wage for your age group.
• Achieve a Nationally Recognised Standard.
• Benefit from Coaching and Mentoring from Industry Professionals.
• Enhance your career prospects.
We expect you to –
• Be flexible and work different shift patterns that will allow you to be involved in all aspects of the operation including Saturday and Sundays – we do not operate split shifts and you will be given 2 days off each week.
• Behave and adopt our high standards in terms of behaviour, personal presentation and workplace cleanliness.
• Be a team player and interact and communicate with the hotel team in addition to our hotel guests ensuring they feel welcome and appreciated.
What you can expect from us –
• Varied and interesting work where no two days are the same!
• Flexible working hours with no split shifts.
• Working with individuals who are positive, willing, friendly, genuine and consistent who want you to succeed!
• A great company culture! Employee Satisfaction is over 80%.
• Reward and recognition of employees including birthdays, staff parties and long service awards
• Discounts on stays in hotels in the Group including 50% off Food in the hotel you are visiting
• Discounted rates for Family and Friends on hotels in the group.
• The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of its culture.
• Uniform and meals on duty are also provided.
• Monthly engagement activities – we think having fun at work is important!
• Annual Charity Event which supports the company charity as well as local communities.
• Job specific Development Programmes to support you to be the best you can be.
• Happy Rewards – earn Happy Reward Points that can be redeemed on gifts that suit you.
• 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (or time off in lieu), increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days per annum.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 hours per week including shifts on the evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £130.50
Application Deadline: 15-07-2019
Possible Start Date : 22-07-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV