Fuel and Landing Gear Test Internship Graduate 10372955
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The Fuel and Landing Gear test teams support the development and certification test activities performed for the Fuel and
Landing Gear systems in all Airbus Aircraft programs. Tests scope covers either:
1/ The Avionics involved with these systems: verification of system computers and main electronic equipment integration on
avionic rigs (computer robustness, software response, network, communication, data buses).
2/ The fluid mechanics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical aspects of these systems: verification of fluid mechanics,
pneumatics, hydraulics and related mechanical equipment on Fuel and Landing Gear test rigs (system performance under
various conditions, equipment robustness, certification tests).
In this role you will be a member of a group in the Fuel and Landing Gear tests department in Filton, working in a close
relationship with the corresponding design office and the flight test teams.
The aim of this Internship is to support the Fuel and/or Landing Gear systems test engineers on various activities, within one or
several groups of the test department.
Activities carried out could be involved with any of the Airbus Aircraft programmes or R&T work. This may also require trips to
various Airbus sites and/or supplier facilities.
The main activities performed by the various teams are:
Laboratory test means support, which includes:
– Test Means development and commissioning for new test rigs
– Maintenance and evolution of current test rigs
Functional integration tests on lab test means:
– Identification of test mean needs
– Test procedure preparation and execution on various Airbus rigs available in Filton, Toulouse or Hamburg
– Support of system tests performed at supplier facilities
Support to Flight tests:
– Flight test Instrumentation specification, installation and validation
– Flight tests monitoring in real time using the telemetry station in Filton or Toulouse
– Flight test data analysis to provide the design and flight test teams with the test results
– Support to ground tests performed on Airbus flight test aircraft fleet
The department strategy fully supports the Integration and Flight Test centre’s (EV) vision to develop a ‘single test team’ identity
covering all tests from Supplier to Flight Test.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the Internship and be studying towards an Engineering/Science based
degree, preferably Aerospace although any of the following disciplines could be considered:
In addition, the following skills are required:
– A strong interest in technical challenges and a desire to understand how things are made
– Interest or experience with electronics or fluid mechanics technical questions
– Relevant practical experience (work experience or project work)
– A good knowledge and practical experience of Microsoft Office applications
– Good interpersonal skills and capable of working as a team
– English – Negotiation level
The following are also desirable but not essential:
– Good understanding of aircraft systems
– Any knowledge or experience of Programming and Programming languages
– Any knowledge or experience of Software creation/application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV