Graduate PR and Social Media Executive – Life Sciences J1312
This listing has expired
Our client specialises in life, science, healthcare, industry and general science communications. They are looking for a Graduate PR and Social Media Executive to join their team to help grow in their specialist areas of science and healthcare. They offer an exciting and friendly working environment in great surroundings. Ideal for a candidate who is keen to take on responsibility for managing projects, working with account managers and others in the team (Include 5x PHDs).
The ideal candidate would have a background in areas such a genomics, molecular biology, drug discovery and analytical sciences.
- Account Management – managing and developing great relationships with clients and managing/ prioritising concurrent projects, from taking briefs through to completion and delivery.
- Keeping up to date with updating clients status in relation to their projects and ensuring activities are completed on time.
- Writing marketing communications – e.g. press releases, articles, web text, sales material
- Distributing press releases
- Proofreading releases
- Compiling client press coverage reports in Excel
- Researching content and writing posts for Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook
- Management of social media campaigns – posting, interaction and follower development using tools such as Hootsuite and providing reviews and reports on interactions.
- Achieved a 2.1 or higher in “hard” Science related degree (molecular biology/ biochemistry/ cell biology)
- Great interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- Excellent English grammar and scientific marketing writing ability/potential
- Must be able to apply scientific understanding to a range of complex (life) science topics, using research skills to get up to speed with unfamiliar areas
- Outstanding attention to detail (spotting typos etc)
- A flexible working approach and ‘can-do’ personality
- The ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects
- Self-motivated and reliable with an enthusiastic, proactive approach
- Happy to work with sometimes demanding clients
- Demonstrable ability to work well with others in teams
Graduate Talent Solutions is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice – more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
Graduate Talent Solutions is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it’s all about enabling people to be their best.
REGISTER YOUR CV