Graduate Quality Assurance Engineer (Zephyr)
This listing has expired
Reference Code 10422484 D EN EXT 1
– Site: Airbus Defence and Space Farnborough
– Target Group: Graduate – UK
– Work Contract Type / Working Time: Permanent contract / Full time
– Work Experience: Not specified
– Functional Area: QUALITY / Assurance
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: September 2019
Application closing date: 4th November 2018
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme’s conclusion.
You will join the Zephyr Programme Assurance team, ensuring that the products and services provided by the Zephyr Programme are fit for purpose and meet the business and customer requirements, including legal and regulatory compliance and best practice.
– Act as focal point to facilitate the progress of Zephyr Programme Product Assurance matters, internally and externally. Ability to understand technical detail in technical documents relating to the Zephyr products (hardware, complex electronic hardware, software).
– In conjunction with the wider Product Assurance function, implement the Quality strategy to ensure that tools and process are maintained and developed to support compliance with appropriate international standards, fit for purpose for the Zephyr Programme.
– Co-ordinate activities required to meet the agreed standards and achieve compliance, ensuring that the agreed processes are followed and improved.
– Support internal and external inspections and audits, including those by aviation regulators, ensuring that cross-referencing of internal processes is performed against international processes, and that compliance is achieved.
– Ensure appropriate investigation of discrepancies, errors, complaints, failures or adverse events requiring documented review and action.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
¤ Educated to degree level, preferably in physics, aerospace, engineering or manufacturing disciplines.
¤ Knowledge and experience working in the aerospace industry and business management
¤ Awareness of aerospace Assurance and Airworthiness processes/standards
¤ Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
¤ Ability to analyse data and assess trends/statistics.
¤ Excellent IT skills.
¤ Good understanding of VBA with the ability to develop code to drive macros
¤ Good understanding of databases and user interfaces
¤ Demonstrated capability to manage business processes to ensure delivery against time, cost and quality requirements.
¤ An ability to periodically review the quality processes with internal stakeholders with the aim of improving the quality of Zephyr products and services.
¤ An eye for detail with and ability to assess compliance with business processes.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Farnborough and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV