Graduate Regulatory Economist – Welsh Water – Caerphilly
This listing has expired
Graduate Regulatory Economist
Salary: Graduate (£24,272- £27,580)
Location: Nelson, Caerphilly
What we do
The Strategy and Regulation function develops the businesss key strategies and plans taking into account regulatory and government policies.
What you’ll do
As a regulatory economist you will support the Head of Economics in understanding the companys operating efficiency and level of performance on a number of different measures.
You will analyse Ofwat publications to ensure that the company has a full understanding of how Ofwat have arrived at their assessment of Welsh Waters level of expenditure. You will articulate the strengths and weaknesses of the approaches and continue to develop the companys in-house econometric models.
You will provide economic advice on other areas of economic regulation as required, e.g. tariff principles. The role has opportunities for further professional development.
What you’ll be responsible for
As Regulatory Economist you will:
- Develop in-house suite of econometric models to inform leadership teams of the relative efficiency of the company and disaggregated functional teams;
- Produce a report detailing Ofwats PR19 methodology and the calculation of the expenditure allowance together with the implications of the Final Determination;
- Manage and implement a ‘lessons to be learnt project for the PR19 efficiency submissions and ensure that any findings are embedded in the business to benefit PR24 preparations;
- Monitor and review any regulatory monopoly referrals to the Competition and Mergers Authority and provide regular updates; contribute to any submissions required as part of the inquiries;
- Develop an understanding of drivers of our relative performance on our measures of success; and
- Provide regulatory and financial analysis to support the Strategy and Regulation team for regulatory submissions and consultations.
We know that if our employees are happy, our customers are happy. Thats why we offer a great benefits package. As one of the biggest companies in Wales, our reward and benefits package includes:
- Market competitive salary
- Colleague Reward Scheme (bonus) Bands 1-5
- Employer pension scheme up to 11%
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym Save
- Discounts at over 800 high street stores
- And many, many more.
REGISTER YOUR CV