Graduate Science Writer/Account Manager
Graduate Science Writer/Account Manager J1317
Salary 18 – 25K depending on experience and level of qualification
Life Science, Healthcare & Industry Communications
This is a superb opportunity to join an enthusiastic team of subject matter experts, with a genuine passion for their work, coupled with in-depth knowledge and marketing skills. You will be working with a client base of UK and international companies ranging from global corporations to start-ups for which you will provide communications and marketing campaigns.
It is essential that you have an interest in all the sciences and be able to quickly understand the benefits of complex technical products and applications in, for example:
- Genomics, molecular biology/molecular diagnostics, drug discovery
- General life science/biotech (and clinical) laboratory
- Analytical science, materials science
Other aspects of the role:
- A broad range of communications, which may involve researching technical topics and interviewing researchers/key opinion leaders about their work
- Liaison and relationship-building with our clients’ target media and pitching/placing articles.
- Distributing releases, reading magazines to record client coverage and compiling client press coverage reports
- Press releases
- Articles, case studies, white papers
- SEO-optimised web text, blogs and tweets
- Promotional sales materials
Ideally PhD-qualified (top grade BSc minimum) and someone who loves to find out and write about cutting-edge products, technologies and applications. You’ll also take on responsibility for managing projects, working with account managers and others members of the team, including PhD holders.
- Degree educated in either molecular biology/biochemistry/cell biology or related
- Great interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- Excellent English grammar and scientific marketing writing ability/potential
- Must be able to apply scientific understanding to a range of complex (life) science topics, using research skills to get up to speed with unfamiliar areas
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A flexible working approach and ‘can-do’ personality
- The ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects
- Self motivated and reliable with an enthusiastic, proactive approach
- Happy to work with sometimes demanding clients
- Demonstrable ability to work well with others in teams
What you get:
- Salary 18-25K per annum
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday
- 1 day paid Charity Day
- Work from home flexibility
- Easy working environment
Graduate Talent Solutions is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice – more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
Graduate Talent Solutions is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it’s all about enabling people to be their best.
REGISTER YOUR CV