Graduate Software Engineer J425
This listing has expired
Salary: 30 to 38K per annum
Electronic Systems Technology
- To lead and support the design, development, testing, and maintenance of the products and associated research activities undertaken by the Engineering team with high quality software solutions.
- To interpret requirement specifications and to propose cost effective system solutions exploiting existing technology and identifying/minimizing where new designs are required.
- To perform innovative design for new products and to see those designs through to efficient production, test and integration according to business strategic and operational deadlines.
- To operate as product authority for a subset of the product portfolio providing:
- Support to engineering, marketing, programmes, supply chain and production functions as required
- Ownership of the product documentation and performance integrity
- Initiative and advice with regards to sustaining, upgrading and developing products
- Support to training activities in the compilation and presentation of training material (including demonstration)
- To provide technical support to the efforts of the Chief Technologist and Business Development
- Team in the acquisition of new business.
- To provide support to Programme Management Team in technical decisions, estimating, programme status and estimating at project reviews.
- To work towards the collective growth and improvement of the Engineering Department and its working practices.
- Graduated in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related degree (2:1 or higher)
- At least 2 years experience in similar role
- Academic or commercial experience in development of application software and/or embedded software
- A bias towards simplicity and maintainability in writing code
- Knowledge of the importance of quality, testing and review in written code
- Literate in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object-orientated design, algorithm design, design patterns, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Passion for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem-solving challenges
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Team Player
What you get:
- Salary: 30 to 38K per annum
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Free Parking
- Free Hot Drinks
- Pension Scheme
Graduate Talent Solutions is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice – more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
Graduate Talent Solutions is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it’s all about enabling people to be their best.
REGISTER YOUR CV