H4All- Finance Apprentice
This listing has expired
H4All is a Community Interest Company (CIC) made up of five prominent third sector charities. As well as managing the Key House resource centre H4All provide a free Health & Wellbeing service for Hillingdon residents aged 65 and over that need support to better manage long term health conditions, frailty, social isolation and to bring people into greater contact with their local community.
To assist the Finance Team, providing financial management support to the organisation.This role will be primarily responsible for processing cash and credit transactions to trial balance reconciliations in accordance with our policies & procedures.
Finance Bank & Cash
- Maintain the petty cash by, issuing cash and ensuring that all transaction are recorded on the accounting software.
- Banking relevant cash/cheques received and ensure that transactions are recorded on the accounting software.
- Maintain the online banking system by settling up direct debits and managing transaction Coding of all Financial transactions
- Managing day to day use and tracking of partner organisations’ company debit and credit cards.
Finance Sales & Purchase Ledger
- Creating and maintaining supplier and customer accounts and ensure that all information is accurate and up to date.
- Sales Ledger invoice processing, client and funding receipt allocations, Charity shop sales and receipt processing;
- Maintaining credit control on our ‘paid for’ services including raising invoices, taking payments, providing statements and chasing payment
- Purchase Ledger invoice and expenses processing, creating payment runs using online banking; reviewing Aged Creditor listing to ensure payments are timely and up to date.
- Process staff/volunteer expenses payments claims.
- To provide information and liaise with colleagues in other teams as is necessary to maintain good client and supplier relations
- Handling client and supplier enquiries and responding to any issues arising in a polite and timely manner at all times
Payroll & Other
- To manage the payroll process by Liaising and ensuring that the outsourced payroll provider has all the necessary documentation in order to process payments.
- Maintaining timely and accurate electronic and manual financial records as required
- Processing receipts and payments, credit /debit transactions, inter account transfers and reconciliations as appropriate
- Supporting staff with various aspects of the financial running of the organisation including transactional queries, improvements to day to day processes, general queries.
- Amending mis-postings as instructed by budget holders
- To support the production of accurate month and year end reconciliations and financial reports as required. This included Bank reconciliations.
- Timely reporting of any problems arising in the conduct of these procedures to the Finance Director and other senior managers as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of Finance matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
- To be the first point of contact for all face-to-face and telephone enquiries on finance matters, referring on to colleagues where necessary
- To work as a team providing cover for colleagues where appropriate
- Contribute to the development of appropriate financial management policy and procedures as appropriate
- To work with volunteers, other temporary staff and consultants as necessary to the maintenance of an effective financial management service
- To maintain own professional expertise, including attending training as necessary and be subject to supervision and an annual appraisal.
- To attend staff meetings, away days and other similar staff events.
- To ensure all activities are carried out in harmony with equal opportunities policy and to abide by the policies of H4All.
- All staff are expected to undertake their own computer work, both in the production of correspondence and documents, data recording, e-mailing and internet research.
- It is the nature of the work that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way.
- Some meetings and other events may be held out of normal office hours and may involve travel away from the local area.
- The above items outline the main duties and responsibilities of the post and are designed to give an accurate flavour of the nature and scope of this post. However, they do not represent an inclusive list of all the duties required.
GCSE A-C grades including English and Maths or Level 1 Functional Skills
Strong interpersonal relation skills, and able to work independently and as part of a team
REGISTER YOUR CV