Apprentice Nursery Assistant
This listing has expired
Suckling’s Yard was the first nursery opened by Paul and Angela Spencer in April 1993 and is now registered with Ofsted to take 50 children.
The nursery is based within a specially converted office building in a secluded yard, just off of the High Street in Ware, with separate baby and toddler rooms on the first floor and the pre-school rooms are on the ground floor.
Your hours of work will be Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) over various shifts between 8:30am – 5:30pm or 09:00-06:00pm and you will be given dedicated support from your YMCA Tutor to achieve your Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship qualification
- To undertake a developmental programmes leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them
- Support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children’s records.
- To develop a sound understanding of Safeguarding Policies and Practices including British Values and the Prevent Duty
- To develop professional appropriate relationships with children, families, staff and other professionals
- To have regard for and work within the Whistleblowing, Social Media and Networking, Camera and Phone Policies
- Undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Meet the company’s minimum standards, philosophy, belief and ethos.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery
The successful candidate:
- Previous experience working or being with children
- Will have a naturally kind and caring attitude
- Ideally will have GCSE Maths and English grade 4 / C or equivalent
- Willing to work towards a level 2 Childcare qualification
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you are the ideal candidate,
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly.
REGISTER YOUR CV