Heavy Goods Service and Maintenance Apprentice Technician
Heavy Goods Service and Maintenance Apprentice Technician 30632
About this opportunity
JMC Commercials Ltd require an apprentice HGV Mechanic to join the team in their workshop in Oldham. The right person will have an opportunity to work towards a level 3 apprenticeship in Heavy Goods Vehicle Service and Maintenance.
A normal day would include:
• Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
• Using the tools and equipment used in vehicle maintenance and repair
• Learning safe working procedures in the workshop
• Assisting other technicians with their work whilst receiving on the job training
• Learning how to service a vehicle and safely remove and replace engine, chassis, electrical and transmission components
• Learning simple and complex fault diagnosis and repairs on engine, chassis, transmission and electrical systems
JMC commercials ltd provide a quality service at very low rates, with no compromise on workmanship and results.
What you could go on to do:
You could go on to progress to become an HGV MOT Tester with the company after completing the apprenticeship.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
Ideally grades C (or 4) and above in GCSE maths and English but this is not essential
• A willing attitude to working and learning
• To have a keen and genuine interest in the automotive trade
• Good knowledge and understanding of HGV maintenance and repair
REGISTER YOUR CV